[BHS Etree] MISC - Police and Life Academy for Youth (PLAY) starts Wednesday, September 21, 4-6 pm

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Sep 20 20:36:29 PDT 2011

Do not reply to this email, contact Fele Uperesa,
feleuperesa at berkeleyboosters.org <mailto:feleuperesa at hotmail.com>

The Berkeley Boosters PAL presents the Police and Life Academy for Youth
(PLAY) which meets for 11 sessions over 8 weeks to educate teens about the
public safety resources in our community and opportunities for skill
building as well as career development.  Every session we will cover a
different topic ranging from the Criminal Justice system and how it works to
Crime Scene Forensics and Dispatch with instructors that are experts in
their fields.  Learn how to lift a fingerprint, build your own emergecy kit,
learn self-defense basics and much more.  In addition to school credit
graduates will also receive Certificate of Completion as well as a Letter of
Recognition signed by both BPD and UCPD Chiefs Meehan and Celaya, as well as
a 30-day gym membership to Modern Combatives.

Fall Session begins with an all-access tour of the Berkeley Police
Department Wednesday, September 21 from 4-6 p.m and there are only 15 spots
available so sogn up today!!  All classes are held at Berkeley Police
Department at 21oo MLK Jr. Way (meet in lobby).  To sign up email Fele
Uperesafuperesa at berkeleyboosters or call 510-845-7193.  You must complete a
Boosters Membership / Liability to participate, download from our website at
www.berkeleyboosters.org.

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To