[BHS Etree] BULLETIN - Student Daily Bulletin, Sep. 9 (Fri.)
bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Sep 8 20:55:31 PDT 2011
PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared
for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No additional
information or details are available from the etree.
*New to the bulletin today
STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Friday, September 9, 2011
1.Organizers can be purchased daily in the Administration building.
2. Did you know that ANY student can pick up FREE breakfast before school?
That's right: oatmeal, granola, yogurt, string cheese, fruit, juice, muffins
and sometimes sausage and eggs. Start your day off strong, come to the food
court in the morning!
3. Attention Students and Staff: If you have not taken your Picture ID, then
come to the Community Theater Foyer at lunch and after school for the final
make-up on Wednesday, September 14th.
4. Students you are required to carry your student IDs at all times. You
must have an ID to check out books.
*5. Hey everyone.next week is welcome week, a week for us to have fun and
take pride in who we are! To start off the week on Monday, at lunch, sign
up for backwards assassins.. And after school an ice cream social for
freshmen to help them get to know one another.
6. PE clothes will be sold before school, after school and during lunch time
in the Jacket Gym Breezeway.
7. Yearbook needs seniors, photographers, and designers. Come earn credit,
and have fun in C327, during 7th period.
8. Attention Juniors and Seniors- your class leadership teams have a few
more spots to fill. If you are interested come pick up an application today
in the Leadership Office. We need bright and motivated students who want to
make Berkeley High an exciting place to be and who want to give of
themselves to the local and global community. Apply TODAY.
*9. The school year has started and the rally is quickly approaching. Are
you interested in being a rally dancer? Well come to the senior steps on
Monday, September 12th at lunch and after school on Tuesday, September 13th
to sign up and receive information. We want this to be organized, so please
come out and get all the details.
1. Join the Homeless Support Club! Be part of the effort to help the less
fortunate in the Berkeley Community and even get your community service
hours done volunteering with the rest of the team! Meetings are Thursdays
at lunch in C317. The first meeting will be on September 15th so mark your
2. Are you of the Middle Eastern descent? Or are you interested in Middle
Eastern Culture? Join the Middle Eastern club! Meetings are Wednesdays in
C126 at lunch!
3. The Model United Nations club needs a teacher advisor. We meet Thursdays
at lunch and if possible we need chaperones throughout the year. The email
is un at berkeleyhigh.us.
4. "I think, therefore I am." If you are, then the Philosophy Club is the
club for you! We will debate a wide variety of ideas and concepts and
discuss philosophic viewpoints pertaining to all interests! Find out more
about the club during our first meeting on Wednesday, September 14th during
lunch in room C115! Don't miss out.
5. Need Community service hours? Are you awesome? If you say yes to
either, then come to join Key Club! Visit us on Monday, September 12th at
lunch in C115. Pizza will be provided.
6. There will be a club fair on the campus green on September 15th. All
clubs will be represented.
7. Alana Club members noon meeting in the College Center, this Friday,
8. Do you want to get involved with your local community and
internationally? Come to the first Interact meeting on Thursday September
15th from 4-5pm at the YMCA Teen Center to learn more! Be part of an
international organization that's a great opportunity to help others, meet
new people and develop leadership skills!
9. Come to Earphone English Club today at lunch in C124. We are deciding
whether to read The City of Bones, Catching Fire, or a book of your choice.
*10. Are you interested in learning new languages? Are you interested in
different cultures? Please come to the 2nd meeting of the BHS Language and
Culture exchange. Our club gives you a chance to meet BHS students from
around the world! Come to C316 at lunch TODAY - Friday!
*11. Are you ever put on the spot? Do you have to constantly make up
excuses but lack the ability to do so? If so, stop by A203 this coming
Tuesday and the Improv Club will help you beef up your excuses.Lunchtime in
1. SAT practice test on September 24th. $20 to sign up in College Center
before and after school.
2. 3rd Annual Historical Black Recruitment Fair - Wednesday, September 14,
2011 at Laney College. 4:00 to 8:00 pm.Don't miss this outstanding event.
3. Senior profiles are due Monday, September 12th in D221. (College Career
1. BHS baseball-BHS Baseball informational meetings will be held next week
Sophomores and Juniors, September 9 @ 4pm in H202A
See Mr. Bremer if you have questions.Room H202A.
2. Lady Jackets Basketball - if you have questions..
All students invited, receive open gym dates, conditioning, sign up for fall
league and tourneys.Contact: Coach Draper at 510-229-7812.
Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the parent-volunteer
facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at
bhs-owner at lmi.net.
BHS etree archives: http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To unsubscribe from the etree, send an
email to bhs-request at lmi.net with one word only in the subject line:
'unsubscribe'. To post a message, send to: bhs at lmi.net.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BHS