[BHS Etree] BULLETIN - Student Daily Bulletin, Sep. 7 (Wed.)

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Sep 6 19:24:04 PDT 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email. All information is collected and prepared
for the bulletin by Belinda McDaniel at the BHS front desk. No additional
information or details are available from the etree.

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

ADMINISTRATION

1.Organizers can be purchased daily in the Administration building.

2. Did you know that ANY student can pick up FREE breakfast before school?
That's right: oatmeal, granola, yogurt, string cheese, fruit, juice, muffins
and sometimes sausage and eggs.  Start your day off strong, come to the food
court in the morning!

3. Attention Students and Staff: If you have not taken your Picture ID, then
come to the Community Theater Foyer at lunch and after school.

4. Students you are required to carry your student IDs at all times.  You
must have an ID to check out books.

5. PE clothes will be sold before school, after school and during lunch time
in the Jacket Gym Breezeway.

6. Yearbook needs seniors, photographers, and designers.  Come earn credit,
and have fun in C327, during 7th period.

7. Attention Juniors and Seniors- your class leadership teams have a few
more spots to fill.  If you are interested come pick up an application today
in the Leadership Office. We need bright and motivated students who want to
make Berkeley High an exciting place to be and who want to give of
themselves to the local and global community.  Apply TODAY.

CLUBS

1. Join the Homeless Support Club!  Be part of the effort to help the less
fortunate in the Berkeley Community and even get your community service
hours done volunteering with the rest of the team!  Meetings are Thursdays
at lunch in C317.  The first meeting will be on September 15th so mark your
calendars!

2. Are you of the Middle Eastern descent?  Or are you interested in Middle
Eastern Culture?  Join the Middle Eastern club!  Meetings are Wednesdays in
C126 at lunch!

3. The Model United Nations club needs a teacher advisor.  We meet Thursdays
at lunch and if possible we need chaperones throughout the year.  The email
is un at berkeleyhigh.net.

4. "I think, therefore I am."  If you are, then the Philosophy Club is the
club for you!  We will debate a wide variety of ideas and concepts and
discuss philosophic viewpoints pertaining to all interests! Find out more
about the club during our first meeting on Wednesday, September 14th during
lunch in room C115!  Don't miss out.

5. Do you like rap music?  Have you ever wanted to learn how to freestyle?
Come on down to room C126 this Wednesday at 4:00pm and check out the BHS
freestyle Rap Club.  We are a group of students who enjoy practicing their
free styling skills. It's a lot of fun so come on down and get your flow on!

6. There will be a club fair on the campus green on September 15th.  All
clubs will be represented.

7. Hey you! Come to the Build On Club's first meeting at lunch today in
C216.  Be part of a national organization that empowers youth to do
community service and raise money to build schools in developing countries.

SPORTS

1. BHS baseball-BHS Baseball informational meetings will be held next week
September 7-9.

Seniors on Wednesday, September 7 @ 4pm in room H202A

Freshmen on Thursday, September 8 @ 4pm in H202A

Sophomores and Juniors, September 9 @ 4pm in H202A

See Mr. Bremer if you have questions.Room H202A.

2. Lady Jackets Basketball -if you have questions..

All students invited, receive open gym dates, conditioning, sign up for fall
league and tourneys.Contact: Coach Draper at 510-229-7812.