[BHS Etree] SPORTS - BHS Crew New Rower Meeting

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Aug 29 15:48:04 PDT 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact  Coach Lindsey  w_varsity_coach at berkeleyhighcrew.org

Hello all!

This email is for any students at Berkeley High this year (boys or girls, grades 9-12) that are interested in joining the crew team! We will be holding a meeting for all interested students on the first week of school. You do not need to join to attend the meeting- just come and check out the team!

What: New Rower Meeting
Who: All BHS boys or girls, grades 9-12
When: Thursday, September 1st at 3:45pm
Where: Please meet us in front of Donahue Gym (behind the C building on campus)
Why: Come meet our Varsity team, our nationally ranked men's boat, our coaches, and hear about how the team works and what rowing for BHS is all about!

DID YOU KNOW?!!
* Rowing is a varsity sport at BHS
* There are no tryouts for first year rowers
* You can receive PE Credit for rowing - (all students at BHS need a total of 20 PE credits by their senior year)
* We DO NOT have practices at 5am
* Last year our men's Lightweight boat got 3rd place in the nation!!
* We have Freshman ONLY boats at some races
* The US Rowing team has been very successful in the Olympics- keep an out during the 2012 Olympics!
* You can read more about Berkeley High Crew here: www.berkeleyhighcrew.org

We hope to see you all at the meeting! GO JACKETS!!

Pat Anderson, Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Lisa Sibony are the parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to them at bhs-owner at lmi.net.