[BHS Etree] INCOMING FAMILIES - Berkeley High School Math Placement

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Apr 28 22:12:13 PDT 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact BHS Vice Principal Amy Frey,
amy_frey at berkeley.k12.ca.us OR BHS Math Department Chair Amy Burke
amy_burke at berkeley.K12.ca.us

This announcement is of particular interest to Incoming 9th grade families
who are coming from a non-BUSD middle school.

This year, in an effort to better place all incoming 9th grade students in
the appropriate math level, Berkeley High is asking the current 8th grade
math teachers of each incoming 9th grade students to fill out a short
online questionnaire and recommendation.  The survey is found at:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9thGradePlacement .  If your child does NOT
attend King, Willard, or Longfellow, please ask his or her 8th grade math
teacher to complete the survey by Monday, May 16.

These questionnaires, along with the results of the math placement tests
which were administered in April will determine math placement.  Our goal
is to make sure all students are placed in a challenging and appropriate
class.  We are very appreciative of the time and effort current math
teachers are putting into this assessment.  Thank you!

Amy Frey, BHS Vice Principal

Amy Burke, BHS Chair Math Department

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the
parent-volunteer facilitators of the etree; please direct any questions to
them at  <mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To