[BHS Etree] SPORTS: Frequently Asked Questions about Spring Sports

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Jan 20 23:01:56 PST 2011

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Bill Gaebler, Athletic Director,
<mailto:william_gaebler at berkeley.k12.ca.us>
william_gaebler at berkeley.k12.ca.us

Frequently Asked Questions about BHS Spring Sports:

When is the first day of tryouts?  After school on Monday, February 7, 2011.
Exact times and locations will be announced in February.

How long will it last?  Teams practice Monday through Friday after school
for approximately 2 hours. Tryouts will vary by team and your coach will
give you all the details.

What do I bring?  Come ready to play with a completed and signed Athletic
Packet.

Where do I get an Athletic Packet?  At the BHS front desk or in the Athletic
Director office next to Donahue Gym.

What if I tried out for a Fall or Winter team, and turned in a packet then,
do I need a full packet?  No, just bring a new emergency form so your new
coach has that information.

I had a physical last year, is it still valid?  Physicals are valid for 1
year and must be valid for the whole season.  If you had a physical in April
2010, it will be valid to start the season, but you will need a new one in
April 2011.

What if I am playing on a Winter team, how do I tryout?  Coaches know that
some students will be finishing their Winter season sport first, just check
in with them so they know you will be trying out after the season ends.

PARENTS:   Please make sure that all documents are SIGNED by parent and
student where indicated, otherwise the packets are not complete and could
delay participation.

Spring sports teams are:

Badminton

Baseball

Crew, Girls and Boys

Golf, Boys

Lacrosse, Girls and Boys

Swimming and Diving, Girls and Boys

Softball

Track and Field, Girls and Boys

Tennis, Boys

Volleyball, Boys

Diane Douglas, Marguerite Fa-Kaji and Pat Anderson are the parent-volunteer
<mailto:bhs-owner at lmi.net> bhs-owner at lmi.net.

BHS etree archives:  <http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/>
http://lists.lmi.net/pipermail/bhs/; BHS PTSA website:
<http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/> http://www.bhs.berkeleypta.org/. To