[BHS Etree] ETREE: Working on etree format - input and patience requested

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Oct 21 12:35:50 PDT 2010

Contact:  BHS etree moderators, bhs-owner at lmi.net

Dear BHS etree subscribers,

As you can see, we have been making some changes to the presentation of
the etree.  In the past, we have sent most messages in plain text, because
that is most compatible with our mailing list software, "Mailman."
However, we are moving toward sending messages in HTML or rich text to
allow a greater choice of formatting and readability.

For subscribers who receive etree messages one at a time, this process
should be fairly seamless, but for Digest (once-a-day) subscribers, the
results have been less than optimal.  Please know that we are working to
find a way to provide you with the etree postings all in the body of the
email in a format that is readable and space-efficient.  There have been
some glitches, but we are continuing to work on it, on our own, and with
the assistance of our stellar service provider, LMI.

We are interested in hearing about your experience (within reason-we have
2,867 subscribers, and are volunteering our time, so please consider
whether you have an important concern or contribution before you respond).
If you do wish to comment on how the HTML format is working (or not
working) for you, please provide this important information: tell us what
type of email client you are using (Gmail, Yahoo on the Web, Comcast,
Outlook, Eudora, etc.), and who your internet service provider is.  Please
be as specific as possible about your concerns or experience.

Thank you very much,

Your etree moderators - Pat, Marguerite & Diane

Reply to: bhs-owner at lmi.net