[BHS Etree] SCHOOL NOTE: Teacher Dharini Rasiah honored as top media educator

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Oct 21 08:42:05 PDT 2010

PLEASE do not reply to this email, for more information, contact Janet
Huseby, jhuseby at pacbell.net

CAS teacher and Jacket Advisor Dharini Rasiah is being honored by Ithaca
College School of Communication in upstate New York for her outstanding
work in media education. Dharini is being given the S'Park Outstanding
Media Teacher Award by Ithaca College for igniting a passion for media in
her students in CAS, and on the award-winning Jacket.

The Dean of the School of Communications cited Dharini's strong focus on
media as a tool for social change as one of their reasons honoring her
achievements in the classroom. This national award is only given to five
recipients, and Ms. Rasiah is the only teacher being recognized from
California, making it even more of an accomplishment.  We are very lucky
to have such a dedicated and tireless educator as part of our staff.

Congratulations, Dharini!!!

Gabriel Berent

Visual Arts Teacher

H102b and C327