[BHS Etree] PTSA: Final Election Results

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Tue Oct 5 14:46:54 PDT 2010

Please DO NOT REPLY to the E-tree. Contact BHS PTSA [mailto:ptsa at bhs.aerionet.net]

With the SSC By-Election over, Berkeley High's school-wide elections for School Site Council (SSC) and BSEP are now complete.

Regina Simpkins Wins 6th SSC Parent Seat: We are pleased to report that we had a very good turn-out for Thursday night's by-election vote, with nearly as many votes being cast as at the September 16th PTSA election meeting. The votes have been tallied and verified, and Regina Simpkins was the clear winner, with 63% of the votes, and will take the sixth seat on the SSC. Mohammed Kazerouni was the next highest vote-getter, and will take the 2nd alternate seat, along with Judy Greenspan who retained her 1st alternate seat.

The final results for the SSC Parent/Community Members are as follows:

    * Margit Roos-Collins (AC)
    * Marianne Koch (BIHS)
    * Satish Rao (AC)
    * Julie Sinai (AC)
    * Laila Ibrahim (CPA)
    * Regina Simpkins (CAS)

    * Judy Greenspan (AHA) -- 1st alternate
    * Mohammad Kazerouni (BIHS)   -- 2nd alternate

Thank Yous:   We'd like to thank everyone who assisted in the election, some of them shivering in the cold Thursday night: Isabel Parra, Ann Aoyagi, Liz O'Connell, Mary Hurlbert and Richard Ng. Thank you very much for your patience during this rather prolonged process, and for your desire to work for the success of all students at Berkeley High School.

Sincerely,

Natasha Beery & Mark van Krieken
BHS PTSA