[BHS Etree] SPORTS: BHS Cheerleaders & Songleaders at Camp

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Aug 16 10:05:58 PDT 2010

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Sandra Coleman-McGill
[mailto:SColeman-McGill at actransit.org]

A total of 28 BHS Junior Varsity and Varsity Cheerleaders and Varsity
Songleaders attended the United Spirit Leading (USA) camp last week, at UC
Santa Cruz for 4 days.  I was proud to be their coach, because all of them
did an outstanding job and represented B-High with class.  They received
many awards and honors and I wanted to share a few with the entire school:

The cheerleaders and songleaders received Superior Awards in varsity dance
and varsity cheer, Unity award, Most Improved award JV, and the highest
award you can receive at camp is the "All American" award, that 3 of our
girls received.  They are Ladina (Emily) Jones (senior), Mikia Franklin
(sophomore) and Mikkala McGill (freshmen).  These girls were invited to
participate in the Holiday Parade in London, in December, 2010.  And to add
to this Ladina (Emily) was given an application to apply to work for the USA
Cheerleading Association.  I just want to congratulate all the Varsity and
Junior Varsity cheerleaders and Varsity songleaders for a job well done.

Sandra McGill
Head Cheerleader Coach