[BHS Etree] SPORTS: Cross-Country Meet and Greet

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu Jun 17 09:05:51 PDT 2010

Please DO NOT REPLY to the E-tree. Contact Brian Bort [mailto:brian.bort at gmail.com]

The first meetup for BHS Cross-Country 2010 will be on Monday June 21st at The King Middle School Track, 5:00 pm. The easiest access is off of Hopkins street in North Berkeley, west of The Arlington.

This is primarily a meeting for kids to get to know each other, ask questions, and pick up summer preparation materials. We will also take them through a general warm-up that we use on a regular basis.

For parents this could also be a good time to meet the coaches, pick-up or hand in paper work, and ask questions. If you know of someone thinking about participating in the fall, please bring them or let them know about this get together.

Communication is critically important to the success of the team, and last year it was one of our strengths. During the summer I would like to make sure we've got our lines of communication set up for the season so when it arrives we are all ready to go. I will try and be as up front and clear about what is going on as we schedule races, events, and practices.

I am so looking forward to this next season! Go Jackets!

Brian Bort
Head Coach BHS Cross Country
415.439.3257

Upcoming dates:
-BHS high altitude running camp July 17-24. Meeting at BHS on Milvia @ 9 am. Returning on the 24th around 6 pm.
-ASICS Runners Workshop Tahoe July 25-30 (e-mail or call me for more details).
-$20 Physicals at Children's Hospital August 14. This is a great opportunity, not just a once over lightly, though it is quick. Conducted by experts in child sports medicine.
-First day of the official season August 16...though you don't want to wait till then to start getting your running in :)