[BHS Etree] BUSD: Newsletter from the District

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Sun Jun 13 15:10:31 PDT 2010

<http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=001C27c5-9pq2RpRuBHP1x_NLRCoI2
9Tf04Abg-gQBGQv_XwP_IbNtAqZ3cv5X5JkLjUk9QQKerkG61vitn02YEkRUJDbhn3F6l>

You're receiving this email because of your relationship with Berkeley
Unified School District.

You may unsubscribe
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001Bqjc9ot8k3ytV_LTzZaNa146A8ZFJ
4JS3kcqu6Bm1i9RklNcmOMefQ%3D%3D&p=un>  if you no longer wish to receive our
emails.

 BUSD Logo <http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs092/1103211070473/img/1.jpg>

Link to the June BUSD A+ News
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103470533822&s=4157&e=0017lr_oSb7w3khmwBOaE79
rd80iL24YEmVpTPCMxwpX0WVWuaaLA_muRtgWWwZfzy0IaxHXOUGnkKB2tOJyOkMsobob6VCqoeB
1mPFkjrcl5GkS69rG56j_vLmPsDN4-UU>

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103470533822&s=4157&e=0017lr_oSb7w3lFRkE6gkJp
BmBIvRZdfTqEmdNCvIN92lVqxeQ8ZawPVKlVBn35RECh0eyPKC39VdCg5dyxuhOOUIYTaOHez4a1
aSZRkZljo35N4Snnv-iG7TkXaGpN6iu5>

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103470533822&s=4157&e=0017lr_oSb7w3mvexSv6dMD
s9LE7eaQCLubAWUfvYJj-B2Mi1_aJQKmuGgp1AKKXCbmcu_M5lYZM15AfA6TSyqKqZ5sGDmAJUFO
EfbzqUZyrA5aCUaHWrNsycISIZ_vgM9GV3kfnO9bdeCWhPcDogI946JFMrupQ2jS4VEXCwy1c1el
s6yRjjV6Kc9qq47ZPSALwwD7xSfw4npoAnpnSpJf_w==> A News

6th Grade Band meets the SF Giants

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103470533822&s=4157&e=0017lr_oSb7w3mowd7PPB6_
3HDhvcE-HOUuO3fPs3cHHSekB0b7MJiHGV35dKULX1jbEi98pf-cpaT0qQLA3q2oAdO0qB3rIyhm
EwXYg14--luTBW3j6a5NGQ==> San Francisco Giants

The Berkeley Unified School District 6th Grade Band comprised of 6th grade
students from King, Willard, and Longfellow Middle Schools performed the
National Anthem at the opening of the SF Giants Baseball game on May 27th.
If you did not make it, you can see it here
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103470533822&s=4157&e=0017lr_oSb7w3khe7kHbgw6
XcWVZaWUXboJhLxHofP_QjtshNRTnhzU7bk90Q88Hbn9cA0fTJu-x9WoFYn1I9x-qDjmq_eBIXtr
QJ-tWf1yWA8fYCuctqjqspMC2jgM8N7jfy7l8b6ivZkmVMnakpdx7Q==> . They were so
good that they've already been asked to return next year!

Quick Links

Por favor marqué aquí para subscribir a
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v=001Bqjc9ot8k3ziq9oKefr
6uA%3D%3D>  nuestros mensajes en español

BUSD Website
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103470533822&s=4157&e=0017lr_oSb7w3lFRkE6gkJp
BmBIvRZdfTqEmdNCvIN92lVqxeQ8ZawPVKlVBn35RECh0eyPKC39VdCg5dyxuhOOUIYTaOHez4a1
aSZRkZljo35N4Snnv-iG7TkXaGpN6iu5>

Board Places Facilities Bond, Renewal of Maintenance Tax on November Ballot

 Vote <http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs092/1103211070473/img/54.jpg> The
School Board voted to place a Facilities Bond and a renewal of the
Maintenance Tax on the November 2 ballot. The bond would be used for new
classrooms and science labs at the high school, facilities to support 21st
Century learning, new classrooms to accommodate growth at elementary
schools, technology improvements in the schools, improvements in student
support spaces, and other safety and building projects. The extension of the
current Measure BB Maintenance tax (at the same rate) will also be on the
ballot. The two measures continue a series of ten-year plans for the school
district's 21 sites.

June 10: Tonight - Last BHS Concert of the Year

 BHS Orchestra
<http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs092/1103211070473/img/48.jpg> This is your
last chance to see and hear this year's Berkeley High School Band and
Orchestra perform. Come to the FREE performance in the Berkeley Community
Theater at BHS on Allston Way on Thursday evening, June 10 at 7:00 p.m. You
can link here to a sample of their Halloween Concert
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103470533822&s=4157&e=0017lr_oSb7w3kcj4djnP9I
gNMqO5ghD7UsomkS-lFMSDb4HDSi7LmJsTuFrS41eea6haqQdhNJMoIZ2kap9DO2AV_Jvj4okw-S
DsTXjwnvxZmD0_K6hgG-FMa_AsxGzTljY-DduMt1Yn41dcxQqa2nog==>  that shows how
"family friendly" their performances are. This is a great way for Berkeley
families with students of all ages to hear the music our high school
students are making and see what future high school students can be a part
of some day.

June 18 is Last Day of School
Sept 1 is First Day of 2010-11 School Year

 Calendar <http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs092/1103211070473/img/49.jpg>
Just in case you have not checked the BUSD calendar lately, the last day of
instruction for this school year is Friday, June 18. The first day of
instruction in the coming school year is Wednesday, September 1. Here's a
link to all the district calendars
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103470533822&s=4157&e=0017lr_oSb7w3kxOaAEV29G
m7rbrXZFTH37xlQD-I_TGWfybHpryhyA7wMeD_suDJ643XV1HYbjRO5eI-mi3wCZbBnI7U38TV_i
YXko4A1rLMnFRwtSAVlMwxmXhjAve0XuAlo3EOH6YwUJ5zdrE6MBqdDUYvSXUwFL> .

Budget Cuts

  The School Board is analyzing the 2010-11 budget proposal. It must pass a
balanced budget by June 30. Details here. <http://berkeley.net>

Promotion and Graduation Celebrations

 Graduation <http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs092/1103211070473/img/52.jpg>
Each year Berkeley schools make a point of celebrating the achievements of
our students as they complete their studies at our elementary, middle and
high schools. To check out an overview of our promotion and graduation
events around the district, follow this link to the June A+ News Update
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103470533822&s=4157&e=0017lr_oSb7w3khmwBOaE79
rd80iL24YEmVpTPCMxwpX0WVWuaaLA_muRtgWWwZfzy0IaxHXOUGnkKB2tOJyOkMsobob6VCqoeB
1mPFkjrcl5GkS69rG56j_vLmPsDN4-UU> .

E-News on Summer Break

 Pencil <http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs092/1103211070473/img/53.jpg> We
hope you are enjoying receiving these emails with timely updates about our
schools, our students, and the work of the district. The initial feedback
from our readers has been overwhelmingly positive and we look forward to
continuing to improve our communication with you and the Berkeley Schools
community.  We'll be back again with regular updates at the start of school.
Your input is important to us - send any suggestions
<mailto:Mark_Coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us>  you might have via email.

Forward this email to other Berkeley School community people
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1103211070473&ea=bhs%40lmi.net&
a=1103470533822>  you know

<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001Bqjc9ot8k3ytV_LTzZaNa146A8ZFJ
4JS3kcqu6Bm1i9RklNcmOMefQ%3D%3D&p=un> Safe Unsubscribe

This email was sent to bhs at lmi.net by busdschoolnews at berkeley.k12.ca.us.

Update Profile/Email Address
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001Bqjc9ot8k3ytV_LTzZaNa146A8ZFJ
4JS3kcqu6Bm1i9RklNcmOMefQ%3D%3D&p=oo>  | Instant removal with
SafeUnsubscribe
<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001Bqjc9ot8k3ytV_LTzZaNa146A8ZFJ
4JS3kcqu6Bm1i9RklNcmOMefQ%3D%3D&p=un> ™ | Privacy Policy
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp> .

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_News1_100> Email Marketing
by

 <http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_News1_100>

Berkeley Unified School District | 2134 Martin Luther King Jr Way | Berkeley
| CA | 94704

<http://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?t=1103470533822.0.1103211070473.4157&ts=S0486&o=h
ttp://ui.constantcontact.com/images1/s.gif>