[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Tue. 5/11/10

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon May 10 18:39:08 PDT 2010

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
May 11, 2010

*Indicates new or updated item

SAT word of the day: abusive (adj) Employing harsh words or ill treatment.

ADMINISTRATION

*1. Graduation!! Tryouts for any seniors who want to perform in front of
thousands at graduation on June 18th, 2010.  Wednesday, May 19th – before
school, at lunch and after school in the Little Theater.  We are looking for
MC's, and performers.  All performances must be 5 minutes, all speeches and
poems are 2 minutes.  Sign up today with Belinda McDaniel in the
Administration Office.

CLUBS

1. Come celebrate Spring with Cooking Club. Cook and eat spring rolls and
other Thai food! We'll be cooking together and eating together. Join us
Tuesday, May 11th at 3:30 in room H106. Free food, fun, and friends!

SENIORS

*1. Seniors!! Senior Ball tickets are on sale now in the Athletics Office,
they are $80. Taking a guest to Senior Ball from outside BHS? Guest passes
are due on Wednesday, May 12 in the leadership office. You cannot take an
outside guest if your guest pass is not completed by then.

*2. Express Tuxedo will be here at lunch on Tuesday to take orders. All
tuxedos will require a $35 deposit. Tuxedos can be ordered and delivered to
Berkeley High School.

3. Financial Aid Workshops will be in the College Career Center at 3:30 pm,
Tuesdays.

ALL STUDENTS

*1. Yearbook prices  are slashed to $65 only until May 19th.  They are going
to $80 soon.  Get one today in H102b after school or during lunch.  Bonus:
There are golden tickets inside some books.  You could win a digital camera,
movie tickets and more.

2. Berkeley Arts Magnet Elementary School is looking for volunteers to help
staff our annual BAM JAM fundraiser, taking place Friday, May 21st from
5:45-9:00 PM. We have a great night planned including dinner, dance,
performances, carnival booths, and more, and need lots of help staffing the
fun booths we will be running. Please come join the fun and help support
your Berkeley public schools (or maybe even your elementary alma
mater!!). If interested please contact Chaghig Minassian Walker:
minassianwalker at yahoo.com, 510 540 1086.

EVENTS

*1. Annual JAZZ ON 4th event on 4th Street in Berkeley. This event features
music from noon to 5:00 with lots of food and drink--as well as a great
raffle. Proceeds benefit BHS Jazz.  Come out, enjoy the afternoon and hear
the BHS Jazz Ensemble play along with other terrific bands!!