[BHS Etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Fri. 5/7/10

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Thu May 6 15:49:28 PDT 2010

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
May 7, 2010

*Indicates new or updated item

SAT Word of the Day: abundant(adj) plentiful

ADMINISTRATION

*1. Would you like to show your appreciation for Principal Slemp at a special dinner for 300 people on Saturday evening? If so sign up in the Leadership office - the first 100 stduents will get to attend this once-in-a life time event.

*2. Still looking for that perfect Mothers Day present? Want to make a contribution to the Berkeley High Library? SAVE THE DATE: Saturday, May 8th from 5-8pm BOOKS, INC. on Fourth St.  will donate 15% of all proceeds to our junior class service learning trip for every item purchased at the store during that time frame. Our valuable teacher librarian at BHS, Alexandra Provence, has put together a wish list of books that she would love to see in our school collection. Come buy one of these books on Saturday and you will be donating to two causes! Refreshments served, and big raffle drawing too! See you there!

*3. Are you a 9th, 10th or 11th grader? Then vote today for your student leaders on the campus green near the track - with your history class at lunch or after school. Are you 18 or nearly 18? Then register to vote in the same location. Want to get paid to work at the polls? Get your application also on the campus green near track!

CLUBS

*1. La Raza club is calling out to oue members and all who are interested in supporting the situation going on in Arizona. Please come and support your fellow students and the community by coming to discuss what we can do to help.

2. Are you ready for Mother's Day? BHS Social Club is selling lollipop flowers or a lollipop bouquet! Prices are 50 cents to $5. Pick up an order form in H305 to order for pick up on Friday. Show Mom you care! (5/3-5/7)

3. Come celebrate Spring with Cooking Club. Cook and eat spring rolls and other Thai food! We'll be cooking together and eating together. Join us Tuesday, May 11th at 3:30 in room H106. Free food, fun, and friends!

SENIORS

*1. Seniors!! Senior Ball tickets are on sale now in the Athletics Office, they are $70. Taking a guest to Senior Ball from outside BHS? Guest passes are due on Wednesday, May 12 in the leadership office. You cannot take an outside guest if your guest pass is not completed by then.

2. Express Tuxedo will be here at lunch on Friday to take orders. All tuxedos will require a $35 deposit. Tuxedos can be ordered and delivered to Berkeley High School.

3. Financial Aid Workshops will be in the College Career Center at 3:30 pm, Tuesdays.

ALL STUDENTS

1. When you buy your yearbook in H102B you have a chance to win a digital camera and other prizes. Look for $5 coupons in today's Jacket

*2. Berkeley Arts Magnet Elementary School is looking for volunteers to help staff our annual BAM JAM fundraiser, taking place Friday, May 21st from 5:45-9:00 PM. We have a great night planned including dinner, dance, performances, carnival booths, and more, and need lots of help staffing the fun booths we will be running. Please come join the fun and help support your Berkeley public schools (or maybe even your elementary alma mater!!). If interested please contact Chaghig Minassian Walker: minassianwalker at yahoo.com, 510 540 1086.

EVENTS

*Berkeley Mayor Declares BHS Jazz Day. At the Tuesday evening meeting of the Berkeley City Council, Mayor Tom Bates issued a proclamation declaring Sunday, May 16 to be "Berkeley High Jazz Day" in the City of Berkeley. The proclamation recognized and praised the BHS Jazz program for its excellence and many accomplishments over the years. The May 16 date corresponds to the annual JAZZ ON 4th event on 4th Street in Berkeley. This event features music from noon to 5:00 with lots of food and drink--as well as a great raffle. Proceeds benefit BHS Jazz.  Come out, enjoy the afternoon and hear the BHS Jazz Ensemble play along with other terrific bands!!