[BHS Etree] PTSA: Parent Ed Event on Teen Safety, Thurs. 4/29

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Wed Apr 14 10:43:37 PDT 2010

Please DO NOT REPLY to the E-tree. Contact Wendy Lukas [mailto:wlukas at sbcglobal.net]

The PTSA invites ALL BHS parents and guardians to a parent education evening:
Teen Safety at School & After School

When: Thursday, April 29, 7:15 to 9:00 pm
Where: Library, Berkeley High School

Speakers:  Ardarius McDonald, Dean of Students, Berkeley High School
                               And
Sergeant Jennifer Louis, Supervisor in the Youth Services Detail, Berkeley Police Department

Risky situations present themselves to teenagers every day. At the same time parents are realizing they have less control over the choices teens are making. In addition, teens may find themselves faced with directly interacting with school administrators during the school day or officers in the police department after school and on weekends.

This parent education event is intended to help parents
-- identify risk factors and warning signs of high risk behaviors
-- understand what to expect if teens find themselves faced with directly interacting with school safety or police officers
-- information about parental legal responsibilities
-- information to help parents play a proactive role in providing teens with guidance around risk taking and the potential consequences

BHS Dean of Students, Ardarius McDonald, will discuss teen safety at school while Sergeant Jennifer Louis will discuss teen safety and the Berkeley community outside of school.

Sponsored and Funded By: PTSA and Berkeley High School Development Group

ALL BHS parents and guardians are warmly welcomed to all parent education events.

We are very excited to have Mr. McDonald and Sergeant Louis with us for this important topic. We hope you will attend. If you can attend, please RSVP -- this helps us make sure we have the right amount of chairs set up. However, if you are not sure, just come to the meeting whether or not you RSVP!

Kind regards,

PTSA Volunteers
Audrey Spector (audrey12 at comcast.net)
Wendy Lukas (wlukas at sbcglobal.net)