[BHS Etree] JOBS: Youth Spirit Artworks Spring 2010 Art Jobs Training Program

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Apr 12 12:35:06 PDT 2010

Please DO NOT REPLY to this E-mail. Contact Sally Hindman
[mailto:slhindman at aol.com]

Youth Spirit Artworks is now accepting applications for our Spring 2010 Art Jobs Training Program running from April 19th through June 16th. Youth Spirit involves homeless and low-income young people, ages 16 to 25, in GREEN art jobs and job training in the areas of Community Art and Commercial/Studio Art. Our program runs M-F 3:00 pm to 6 pm (BHS participants arrive after classes end). Trainees choose either a M-W-F group or a T-Th-F group to participate in. Youth are paid $50/month plus receive limited transportation (BART and Bus) tickets. They receive 50% of the proceeds of all artwork they sell.

We are located at 1769 Alcatraz Avenue near the corner of Adeline St. in S. Berkeley, three blocks south of Ashby BART and 12 blocks south of Berkeley High School. YSA's art studio is a 15 minute walk from BHS.

Applications can be downloaded from our web site at: www.youthspiritartworks.org or picked up at the YSA art studio. For information stop by our art studio M-F 3pm to 6pm or call: 510-282-0396.

This is a terrific program helping to provide experience for college and to build your resume!

The mission of Youth Spirit Artworks is to use art jobs as a vehicle for providing young people with the skills, experience and self-confidence needed to meet their full potential.