[BHS Etree] VOLUNTEERS: Parent proctors needed for upcoming AP and IB exams during month of May

BHS etree bhs at lists.lmi.net
Mon Apr 12 08:25:58 PDT 2010

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Janet Huseby
[mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net]

The Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) exams are
almost here.  Berkeley High offers hundreds of these exams annually  and, as
a result, Berkeley High consistently receives high ranking for its academic
program.  But these exams, which are different from normal exams in that an
outside agency creates them and scores them, require a lot of manpower.
Unlike the state mandated STAR test (and more about that later), we do not
have the manpower to administer and proctor these tests without community
help and ratio of proctors to students is required should our exams be
audited. You are needed!

If you have a child taking one or more AP or IB exams, please take the time
to look over the list below and sign up to proctor one or more  exams-either
AP or IB (we are in this together so it doesn't matter if your child is AP
or IB you may sign up for either!).  You will arrive early in the morning
for the AM test or late morning for the PM test, help set up and check in,
help distribute materials and then be an adult presence. There will be a
paid administrator in each exam.  You should not proctor your own child's
exam but another one.

Some exams are longer than others but basically you should plan on arriving
early and then staying for either the morning or afternoon.  I am sending
out this call with some trepidation as this is the first time I am asking
for the AP and IB exams without offering parking as we expect to start
construction on the new field house any day now and the football parking
field with its 100 plus spots will be turned into a staging area.

1. Monday, May 3
AM AP United States Government
PM AP French Language

2. Tuesday, May 4
AM AP Computer Science, AP Spanish Language, IB English HL Paper 1, IB
English SL Paper 1
PM AP Statistics

3. Wednesday, May 5
AM AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC
PM AP Chinese Language, IB Math HL Paper 1, IB Math SL Paper 1, IB Math
Studies Paper 1

4. Thursday, May 6
AM IB Math HL Paper 2, IB Math SL Paper 2, IB Math Studies Paper 2, AP
English Lit and Comp
PM no exams needing proctors

5. Friday, May 7
AM AP US History,
PM AP Studio Art

6. Monday, May 10
AM AP Biology, AP Music Theory, IB English HL Paper 2, IB English SL Paper 2
PM AP Physics B, IB Physics HL Paper 1, IB Physics HL Paper 2,

7. Tuesday, May 11
AM AP Biology, AP Music Theory, IB English HL Paper 2, IB English SL Paper 2
PM IB History Hl Paper 1, IB History SL Paper 2

8. Wednesday, May 12
AM IB History HL Paper 3, AP English Language and Composition
PM IB Chemistry SL Paper 1, IB Chemistry SL Paper 2

9. Thursday, May 13
AM IB Chemistry SL Paper 3, AP Macroeconomics, AP{ World History
PM No exams needing proctors

10. Friday, May 14
AM AP Spanish Literature
PM AP Latin Vergil, IB German B SL Paper 1 and German B SL Paper 2

11. Monday, May 17
PM IB Biology SL , Paper 1, IB Biology SL Paper 2

12. Tuesday, May 18
AM IB Bioolgy6 SL Paper 3

13. Wednesday, May 19
AM  IB Spanish  B HL and SL, Papers 1 and 2
PM IB Economics SL Paper 1

14. Thursday,  May 20
AM IB Economics SL Paper 2, IB Latin HL Paper 1
PM I B Math H L Paper 3

15. Friday, May 21
AM IB Latin HL paper 2, IB Music HL and SL Paper 1
PM IB Mandarin SL Paper 1 and Paper 2, IB Kiswahili SL Paper 1 and 2

16. Monday May 24
AM IB French HL Paper 1 and 2,
IB French SL Paper 1 and 2

Janet Huseby