[BHS etree] MISC: Youth Spirit Mid-Term Arts Jobs Training Openings

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Jan 8 11:31:27 PST 2010

Please do not contact the e-tree; contact Sally Hindman [mailto:Slhindman at aol.com]

Youth Spirit Artworks, the new GREEN youth art jobs training empowering low-income and homeless young people, ages 16-25, has two openings in its stipended Fall/Winter training. New participants will start on January 15th and work through March. To download an application go to: www.youthspirtartworks.org or stop by our art studio at: 1769 Alcatraz Avenue (near the corner of Adeline Street), Berkeley. For info. call: 510-282-0396.

Youth artist participants are currently working on a commission for the City of Berkeley Office of Economic Development creating window banners for vacant and blighted storefronts in S. Berkeley. Tons of fun!!!

Program slots are available for involvement: M, W, F 3pm to 6pm and T, Th, F 3pm to 6pm (flexible with BHS bell schedule).

To follow this innovative program on Facebook--join our hip group "Youth Spirit Artworks."

Sally Hindman