[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Thurs., 1/7
bhs at idiom.com
bhs at idiom.com
Wed Jan 6 19:25:12 PST 2010
STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
January 7, 2010
*Indicates new or updated item
1. Important Dates:
Final exams are January 27, 28, and 29th.
Fall semester ends January 29th.
Semester Break and Staff Development is February 1st (no school)
Second Semester starts February 2nd.
2. Yearbook sale - Buy in H102B during 7th period or at myyear.com.
3. BSEP Meeting, Wednesday, January 6th from 4:30 – 6:30 pm in Conference Room B.
4. Students who applied for a PE waiver this fall must pick up their waiver in the counseling office between January 11th and January 29th, for a second signature from your coach or supervisor. If you have any questions please contact Vernon Walton at 644-4569 or Vernon_walton at berkeley.k12.ca.us.
5. CAHSEE exam for all sophomores will be Feb. 2nd/3rd. Please mark this date!!!
*1. Chorus Club and Vocal Jazz Ensemble are back after their successful debut performance! As a reminder, Chorus Club meets Tuesdays and Thursdays at lunch in A201. Vocal Jazz Ensemble meets Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 4:30 in A201. It's not too late to join! Feel free to drop by!
*2. This is a reminder to all members of the California Scholarship Federation. Both volunteer timesheets and $20 cash fundraising is due on January 31st in the College Career Center. Please contact csfbhs at gmail.com with questions.
*3. Have plans yet for this summer? Are you interested in experiencing daily life first hand in some other part of the globe? The Experiment in International Living is hosting a meeting today, January 7th at 7pm for interested students and their parents. The Experiment offers three, four and five week summer programs in 30 countries. Come find out about the possibilities including scholarship information.
1. “What’s Up With College?” Night: Today, Thurs, Jan. 7th, 2010 from 7:00 to 9:00 pm in the Food Court and Library. Hear recent BHS grads talk about college life. All BHS students and families invited to attend!
2. Juniors: please pick up your PSAT scores in the College Career Center at lunch or after school. You will need to show a picture ID to receive them.
1. All girls interested in playing softball this year can join the conditioning program on Jan.19. Meet at the track at 4 pm. Conditioning will be held every Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 4:00-5:15pm. Please wear warm clothing and running shoes. You will not need your softball equipment until tryouts which begin February 8 at Grove Park. You cannot tryout until your athletic application/doctor’s release has been turned in to the athletic department.
*1. Cupid’s Ball is this year's theme for BHS’s “WinterBall!" Come if you want a great time dancing and hanging with friends. The date is February 6th from 7pm until 11pm in the jacket Gym. Tickets go on sale this Friday after school in the main box office for $20. This is a one-day offer so buy them Friday, January 8th. You must have your school ID. Next week the tickets will increase to $25. Get your tickets!!!!
More information about the BHS