[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Wed. 12/16
bhs at idiom.com
bhs at idiom.com
Tue Dec 15 15:00:39 PST 2009
STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Dec. 16, 2009
*Indicates new or updated item
1. Important Dates:
Final exams are January 27, 28, and 29th.
Fall semester ends January 29th.
Spring Break and Staff Development is February 1st
Spring Semester starts February 2nd.
2. Students! Staff members! The Student Directory, a publication by the parents of Berkeley High School, will be distributed free from the steps of the Community Theater on Wednesday and Thursday, Dec. 16-17, during lunch time. The directory includes staff, administration, and program contacts as well as student contacts of students who turned in permission forms. This is a very important resource. Be sure to pick yours up. Copies will also be available at the Front Desk.
3. Yearbook sale - Buy in H102B during 7th period. $70 until winter break, also buy at myyear.com.
*4. Want to win a $100 Target gift card? Just submit a 30 second song, rhyme or spout some poetry on what we can do to stop the spread of the flu. First prize is $100 at Target and second and third place get a $50 or $25 gift card. The winning piece will be announced through the bulletin. Come to the Health Center to register and for more information. The deadline is Dec. 17th at 4pm.
1. Do you like math? Do you want to boost your college application? Come to math teams Fridays at lunch in H205. First competition is December 16th. Everyone is welcome, regardless of your math level.
2. Earphone English at lunch in C116 on Wednesday. Let's get together and eat and enjoy before the holiday comes.
3. Do you have an artistic talent you want to share with the world? Then APIC is looking for YOU! We would like to invite you to participate in APIC's T-shirt contest. Submit a T-shirt design including the word "celebrASIAN" in the design. All designs go to room C334. The deadline is Friday, December 18th. Win up to $40; more money for your holiday shopping.
Berkeley High Baseball!! Attention all baseball players - mandatory information meetings are coming! Wednesday, Dec. 16th for Freshman in H202A. Spread the word.
1. Sing Out! Choral Concert, 7 pm, Wed. 12/16
Choral Music is back at Berkeley High! Come enjoy the music!!! Featuring performances by the BHS Chorus Class, BHS Chorus Club, BHS Vocal Jazz Ensemble and visiting soloists. You'll hear the wonderful voices of Berkeley High School's new choral program, with Jazz, Motown, Gospel, Broadway and international music for all ears. Longfellow Auditorium, Derby St. and Sacramento Ave. Tickets at door: $10 adults, students free. Delicious treats for sale at intermission.
2. Are you ready to be entertained?
The African American Studies "SANKOFA" - Looking at the Past Gives Us Power for the Future. Get ready for high-powered, breathtaking, nonstop dance, music, theater by the Berkeley High School African and African Derived Dance Program, with special collaboration with Linda Carr and the AHA students, Alicia Zakon dance classes, Scott Daily with the Chorus annd Jazz Band, Ms. Betty and the popular Aztec dancers. This performance will leave you breathless and ready for the holiday season.
Come one and come all to the Berkeley Community Theater on December 17 at 7 pm. Tickets can be purchased from BrownPaperTickets.com/event/92197 or African American Studies Department - Naomi Washington. Thanks.
3. The annual fundraising calendar sales for Berkeley High School's CAS video program are continuing. These are 2010 wall, page-a-day and engagement calendars that are currently selling in stores for $12-$18. We are selling them for only $5.00 each. We have, art, travel, humor, children's, sports, spiritual, etc. They make great gifts. There is ONLY 1 SALE DAY LEFT.
WHEN: Saturday December 19 from noon until 3pm
WHERE: 2310 Valley St. This is 3 blocks west of Sacramento St. off Channing Way. Rain or Shine.
*4. Save the date! "What's Up With College?" Night: Thurs, Jan. 7th, 2010, 7:00-9:00 pm (our first week back from Winter break)! Hear recent BHS grads talk about College Life. Sponsored by Academic Choice – All BHS students & families invited to attend! In the Food Court & the Library.
More information about the BHS