[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Fri 12/11

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Dec 10 21:20:54 PST 2009

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Dec. 11, 2009

*Indicates new or updated item

ADMINISTRATION

1.  IMPORTANT DATES

Final exams are January 27, 28, and 29th / Fall semester ends January 29th /
Semester Break and Staff Development is February 1st / Spring Semester
starts February 2nd.

CLUBS

*1. Hey everyone, it’s the Chinese Culture Club!  We are meeting today
(Friday) at lunch in C315, and we will continue to play the movie from our
last meeting. Everyone is welcomed.  Please come to C315 at lunch today!

2. Do you like math? Do you want to boost your college application? Come to
Math teams Fridays at lunch in H205. First competition is December 16th.
Everyone is welcome, regardless of your math level.

SPORTS

*1. Berkeley High Baseball!! Attention all baseball players - mandatory
information meetings are coming!  Tuesday, Dec. 15th for Sophomores,
Juniors, and Seniors at 3:45 in H202A.
Wednesday, Dec. 16th for Freshman in H202A.  Spread the word.

EVENTS/PERFORMANCES

*1. CAS CALENDAR SALES
The annual fundraising calendar sales for Berkeley High School's CAS video
program are continuing. These are 2010 wall, page-a-day and engagement
calendars that are currently selling in stores for $12-$18. We are selling
them for ONLY  $5.00 each. We have, art, travel, humor, children's, sports,
spiritual, etc. They make great gifts. There are ONLY 2 SALE DAYS LEFT.
WHEN: Saturdays from noon until 3pm on December 12 and December 19 (rain or
shine)
WHERE: 2310 Valley St. This is 3 blocks west of Sacramento St. off Channing
Way.

*2. ARE YOU READY TO BE ENTERTAINED??? African American Studies presents
"SANKOFA" - LOOKING AT THE PAST GIVES US POWER FOR THE FUTURE. Get ready for
the high-powered, breathtaking, nonstop dance, music, and theater by the
Berkeley High School African and African-Derived Dance Program. Special
collaboration with Linda Carr and the AHA students, Alicai Zakon dance
classes, Scott Daily with the Chorus and Jazz Band, Ms Betty and the popular
Aztec dancers.  This performance will leave you breathless and ready for the
holiday season. Come one and come all to the Berkeley Community Theater on
December 17 at 7PM.  Tickets can be purchased from
BrownPaperTickets.com/event/92197 or the African American Studies
Department.

*3. SING OUT! CHORAL CONCERT 7PM WED 12/16 at Longfellow Middle School
Auditorium (Sacramento & Derby)
Choral Music is back at Berkeley High! Come enjoy the music!!! Featuring
performances by the BHS Chorus Class, BHS Chorus Club,  BHS Vocal Jazz
Ensemble and visiting soloists. You’ll hear the wonderful voices of Berkeley
High School’s new choral program, with Jazz, Motown, Gospel, Broadway and
international music for all.
Tickets at door:  $10 adults, students free.  Delicious treats for sale at
intermission.

4. Attention Berkeley High, we need to talk about a problem. It's called
empathy, it happens. To learn more, come see the fall play Comic Potential,
presented by BHS Drama and shift Theatre. Find out what happens when a
writer falls in love with a robot! Shows are on December 11th and 12th at
7pm in the Community Theater.