[BHS etree] ADMIN: H1N1 Clinic Details and Questions Answered

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Dec 1 21:38:12 PST 2009

Please do not contact the e-tree; contact Director of the Berkeley High Health Clinic Lisa Sterner [mailto:lsterner at ci.berkeley.ca.us] and BHS Volunteer Coordinator Janet Huseby [mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net]

Below is detailed information about the H1N1 Clinic coming to Berkeley High on Tuesday, Dec. 8 and Wednesday, Dec. 9. The clinic will be offering free immunization shots to all students with release forms (see below).

1. The clinic will be located in the foyer of the Community Theater. Volunteers will escort students from their history classes to the clinic and then escort them back.

2. There will be short extra clinic on Wednesday during the student lunch for students who don't have a history class.

3. Each student must bring with him or her a completed and signed Immunization Consent and Release form. Be sure to fill out every section of the form. Do not hand in the waiver to a teacher or the front desk. The waiver must be given to a volunteer at the clinic.

4. In order for the release to be valid the box next to statement, "I have received, read and understand the 2009-2010 novel H1N1 vaccine information statement," must be checked. The waiver must also be signed and dated.

5. A packet with information and release forms was mailed home to each student last week. Approximately 300 were returned to the school either because of invalid addresses or insufficient postage. (The postage was the same as on the 3,200 which were delivered.) We are working at re-mailing as many as we can.

6. If you have not received a packet or have lost your packet, you may stop by the Front Desk to pick up a new waiver.

7. Or, you may download the waiver at the City of Berkeley website: www.ci.berkeley.ca.us/publichealth

8. All immunizations will be by injections—there is no flu mist available.

9. No parents, teachers, or other family members who are not BHS students can receive the vaccine. Currently only enough vaccine is available to vaccinate high priority groups which include people between 6 months and 24 years of age.

10. If you have questions about the H1N1 vaccine, please call the City of Berkeley Nurse of the Day at (510) 981-5300.

11. If you have questions about the H1N1 Clinic at the high school, please contact the BHS Heath Center Director Lisa Sterner at lsterner at ci.berkeley.ca.us

12. We still need volunteers for either a morning shift (8 to 11:30) or afternoon shift (noon to 3:30). While the actual clinic starts at 8:30 and 12:30, the health center wants volunteers to report a half hour earlier at 8 and noon in order to receive training. If you can help, please contact Janet Huseby at jhuseby at pacbell.net