[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin, Tues. 11/3/09

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Nov 2 14:56:26 PST 2009

STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Nov. 3, 2009

*Indicates new or updated item

ADMINISTRATION

*1. CAHSEE - Califonia High School Exit Exam will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings at 8 am for all Juniors and Seniors who have not passed the test or need to take the test. This test will be only given to Juniors and Seniors who need to take the test.

*2. BSEP meeting on Wednesday, November 4, 4:30 – 6:00pm, Conference room B. Agenda items: Public comment; Chair report; Election of Committee; Election of reps for BSEP and P and O Committee; Select rep for SGC; Plan evaluation of programs funded for Fiscal Year; Set proposal Application; P and O Committee Report; SGC Report; Calendar for year.

CLUBS

1. Mathworks Tutoring today, Tuesday, November 3 at Willard Middle School from 4-5 pm.

*2. Knitters! Cold weather and the holidays are coming! Time to get started on a scarf for yourself or as a gift. We have all the supplies you need. Come to the meetings on Fridays at lunch in the library and see the yarn and needles that have been donated recently. We welcome experienced knitters and beginners. We will teach those who want to learn to knit. Bring your lunch.

3. Get your Spoken Word on...join Youth Speaks! Tuesdays, 4pm in C325 at Berkeley High. "From the Backwoods to the Black Top: Exploring Our Realities w/Terry Taplin & Matt Blesse" -- This workshop lies somewhere between the bustle & the stillness/the late-night grind/the early morning sunrise/tired tongues, locked voices/students shifting through classrooms/ the music within the unseen treble of our bones aching to crack free.

SPORTS

*1. Wrestling practice begins next Monday, November 9th at 4pm in the Wrestling Room in the Old Gym. Everyone is welcome to join the team. Boys and girls, all grades, all weight classes from 90 pounds to 290 pounds. There will be an informational meeting on Wednesday, November 4 at lunch in Mr. Wolff's class room in portable #7.

*2. Mens Soccer Tryouts are November 9-13.

Mon, Nov.  9    3:45-6     Derby Field
Tue, Nov. 10    3:45-6     Derby Field
Wed, Nov. 11    9:30-3:30  Gilman Field
(End of Gilman Street, Next to Golden Gate Fields)
Thu, Nov. 12    3:45-6     Derby Field
Fri, Nov. 13    3:45-6     Derby Field

Requirements:
1. You must pre-register at http://www.futbolberkeley.com
2. You must turn in your BHS Athletic Packet to the Athletic Director. Or bring to first tryout.
3. Grade Point Average: 2.0 minimum. Soccer team goal: 3.6 minimum.

Bring:
1. A soccer ball
2. Shorts, cleats, shin guards, socks.
3. Water