[BHS etree] BUSD: East Bay LGBT Welcoming & Inclusive School Forum, Nov. 5

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Oct 27 21:53:00 PDT 2009

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Mark Coplan
[mailto:Mark_Coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

The Berkeley Unified School District Family Diversity Committee has played a
major role in helping the BUSD develop some of the first serious Board
Policy in the country to address family diversity, inclusivity,
anti-bullying, etc., so it is no surprise that this year's East Bay LGBT
Welcoming & Inclusive School Forum is being held in Berkeley.

Our Family Coalition has asked that I share the invitation below with our
larger community, and I encourage you to join the Superintendent and the
committee at this important event at Malcolm X School on Thursday November
5th.

Mark Coplan, BUSD Public Information Officer

PLEASE FORWARD!!

East Bay LGBTQ Welcoming & Inclusive School Forum

HELP GET MORE LGBTQ PARENTS AT YOUR SCHOOL AND MAKE IT MORE WELCOMING AND
INCLUSIVE!
Parents, Teachers, Administrators and other School Staff Invited

Our Family Coalition is pleased to invite you to participate in our annual
East Bay Welcoming and Inclusive School Forums.  This forum is designed to
give school administrators, teachers and parents an introduction to some of
the innovative and groundbreaking strategies to creating inclusive and
welcoming environments for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer
(LGBTQ) parents and their children which is needed now more than ever.

There will also be an opportunity for incoming Kindergarten parents to get
to talk with parents, teachers and administrators associated with schools in
their district.

Register:
http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=jxipbbdab.0.0.cadtjybab.0&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.eventbr
ite.com%2Fevent%2F441458414&id=preview

When:   Thursday, November 5, 5:30pm-8:30pm
Where:  Malcolm X Elementary School, 1731 Prince Street, Berkeley

Help us promote this important event!

We need your help to encourage your schools parents, teachers, and
administrators to attend this important event.  Please click on the flyers
below to print.

English flyer
http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=jxipbbdab.0.0.cadtjybab.0&p=http%3A%2F%2Fourfamily.o
rg%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fsitefiles%2FSchoolForum09EB-Fall_2009__10-16-
09_.pdf&id=preview

Spanish flyer
http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?t=jxipbbdab.0.0.cadtjybab.0&p=http%3A%2F%2Fourfamily.o
rg%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2Fsitefiles%2FSpanish_OFC_Forum_Flyer__10-16-09
_.pdf&id=preview

Our Family Coalition promotes the rights and well-being of Bay Area lesbian,
gay, bisexual, transgender and queer families with children and prospective
parents through education, advocacy, social networking, and grassroots
community organizing.

http://www.ourfamily.org
415-981-1960