[BHS etree] ADMIN: Spirit Information: Everything you want to know and then some!

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Oct 27 21:46:16 PDT 2009

Contact: Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

The famous Red and Gold Spirit Week is underway.  Lots of Nerds walking
around on Monday. Lots of caped superheroes on Tuesday. We expect leis and
grass skirts on Wednesday.  Thursday is 80s and 90s day for Seniors and
backwards day for the rest.  Friday, Oct. 30 is Red and Gold for Everyone!

Below is the schedule for Friday's Rally day and a few rules and procedures
to make sure a good time is had by all.

1. 7:23 am is the Senior Spell-Out.  This is a picture event in the court
yard.

2. The shortened Rally Day schedule is as follows:
Zero period  7:23 to 8:23
1st period   9:29 to 9:19
2nd Period   9:25 to 10:15
3rd period  10:21 to 11:11
Lunch       11:11 to 11:51
4th period  11:57 to 12:47
5th period  12:53 to 1:43
6th period   1:49 to 2:39
Rally        2:45 to 3:30

3. Students who do not want to attend the rally may leave the campus after
6th period. If they leave and change their mind they are not allowed back on
campus.

4. At 11:50 (the end of lunch) the campus will be locked down.  That is, no
students will be allowed on campus.  If they have lingered over lunch, too
bad, they will miss the rally. No one is admitted after 11:50. This includes
students whose parents have pulled them out for medical appointments.

5. During fifth period, administrators will distribute wrist bands to all
students in their sixth period class.  Only students with wrist bands may
attend the rally.  Students at Independent Studies will receive wrist bands
from their administrator who will accompany them to the rally.

6. Students with no 6th period will spend that period in the library or
College and Career Center.  (Don't leave campus if you want to rally, you
will not be allowed in EVEN if you have a wristband.)  All students will
leave their backpacks in their sixth period classroom (or library or CCC).
After the rally, teachers will unlock their classrooms and wait until 3:50
for students to pick them up.

7. All day, no liquid containers (water bottles, lotion bottles, etc.) are
allowed on campus.  Water will be available.  This is to say, no alcohol is
allowed. And, on the subject of what doesn't fly: Students who are out of
class or sent to OCI during the day before the rally WILL NOT be able to
participate. They will remain in OCI and go home.

8. Next step. Students under the influence of alcohol will be sent to OCI
and held until their parents come pick them up.  They will be automatically
suspended for four days--one of which is Friday itself. Dear Parents, should
you receive one of these unfortunate calls, on Rally Day there will be no
opportunity to talk to an administrator.

9. Football game.  Of course the point of the Rally is to cheer our team on.
Go Yellow Jackets!  We will be playing Hercules High School at 6 p.m. The
box office opens at 5. Tickets are $4 for students (with ID) and $6 for
adults. During half time the homecoming royalty will be crowned.

10. Volunteers--you, knew I would get there. So far 45 wonderful adults have
stepped up.  I am confident we will make it to 50. If you volunteered,
please come to the Front Desk at 1:30 and look for me (Janet). I will be
dispatching volunteers to all ends of the campus. No matter where you are
sent at first, everyone who wants to can be on the field when the rally gets
going. If you want to blend in, wear Red and Gold--everyone else will be.

11. Final rule, have a good time! Our Berkeley High kids are the best. Go
Yellow Jackets!

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator
jhuseby at pacbell.net