[BHS etree] JOBS: Youth Spirit Artworks Training Program starts Nov. 2

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Oct 26 10:59:20 PDT 2009

PLEASE do not reply to this email, contact Sally Hindman
[mailto:slhindman at aol.com]

Youth Spirit Artworks is still accepting student applications for its
fulfilling, FUN and transformative Fall/Winter Art Jobs Training Program
running from Nov. 2 through Jan. 29.

Youth Spirit works with 16-25 year old young people. Our criteria for
acceptance into the program are:
  1) a love of art, and;
  2) that youth live at or below poverty level.

Training groups meet either M-W-F or T-Th-F from 3-6pm with flexibility in
choosing the most convenient training schedule. Fall/Winter participants
receive a $200 training stipend and also receive 50% of the proceeds of all
art work they sell.

Space is limited to 20 youth per semester and the application deadline is
Thursday October 29th at 5pm.

Applications are available at the Youth Spirit Artworks studio at 1769
Alcatraz Avenue (near the corner of Adeline) in S. Berkeley or via our web
site at: www.youthspiritartworks.org  For more info. call: 510-282-0396.