[BHS etree] STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN: Thurs., Oct. 15, 2009
bhs at idiom.com
bhs at idiom.com
Wed Oct 14 15:12:39 PDT 2009
STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
Oct. 15, 2009
*Indicates new or updated item
CAP and GOWN orders- Seniors you can place your cap and gown orders on the following days:
Thursday 10/15 Lunchtime in the quad - Last names (I-P)
Friday 10/16 Lunchtime in the quad - Last names (Q-Z)
1. Are you an awesome artist or do you love lettering? Are you a website guru? Want to get in touch with famous alumni from Berkeley High? Do you speak another language? If so leadership wants you! We need creative, positive people from all backgrounds to apply for new positions. We want to serve YOUR interests so we need YOUR input. So COME PICK UP AN APPLICATION in the leadership Office, D148 between the counselors' offices and the food court salad bar! Yeah all right!!
*2. Calling all poets,rhymers,and spoken word artists: Youth Speaks poetry workshops have begun. Come to C325 on Tuesdays at 4 pm to experience the magic and unleash your verbal genius.
3. VOCAL JAZZ - MON/WED/FRI 4:30-5:30 IN A201
4. CHORUS CLUB -
- Vocal Improv Workshop – Tuesdays 4-5:30 IN A205
- Main Singing Group – Tuesdays and Thursdays at lunch in A201 (Band Room)
1. Anyone interested is welcome at open gym on Mondays from 4-6 and Wednesdays from 4:30-6:30. We are also offering strength and conditioning on the track from 4:00-5:00 and in the weight room from 5:00-6:00 on Tuesdays and Thursdays. These opportunities are available to all students attending BHS. Thank you!
2. Girls Soccer Info Meeting Friday Oct. 16 at lunch at the turf field bleachers.
YouthWorks is the City of Berkeley's Youth Employment Program. The 2009 fall after-school program will be accepting applications from October 1st until October 31st. Interested youth are required to come in person to the Youth Works Office at 1947 Center Street, Basement, to pick up an application, starting Thursday, October 1st. For more info: (510)981-4970 or youthworks at cityofberkeley.info
1. Students who need fee waivers: We have ACT fee waivers and SAT fee waivers.
2. COLLEGE VISITS: FOR SENIORS ONLY!!!!!
Thursday, October 15, 2009
8:27 am Union College (NY)
9:31 am Babson College
10:40 am Otis College of Art and Design
12:24 pm University of the Arts
2:32 pm College of Wooster
Friday, October 16, 2009
8:27 am Humboldt Sate University
9:31 am George Washington (DC)
10:40 am U of Washington Seattle
12:24 pm Colorado College
1:28 pm Middlebury College
2:32 pm Amherst (MA)
1. The BHS Spring Musical will be the Broadway Hit: "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee." Auditions coming in October. Show opens April 7th. See Mr. Winer for details!
2. Become a famous graphic artist! Create the Artwork and design for this year's BHS Jazz t-shirt. Artwork entries are due in the band room (A105) by October 21. Voting by BHS jazz students will be October 22nd. Pick up an entry flyer in the band room today!
*3. Youth Musical Theater Company is holding auditions for its winter show, Once Upon a Mattress, on November 2, 3 & 4 at the Metal Shop Theater (Willard Middle School). Once Upon a Mattress is a hilarious musical spoof of the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale The Princess and the Pea. It is full of delightful, snappy music by Mary Rodgers, wonderfully witty lyrics by Marshall Barer, and big, fun dance numbers. Rehearsals begin November 30, and performances run Feb 19 – 28. Newcomers welcome! Tuition assistance available. Information meeting on October 21, at the Metal Shop Theater. For more information, go to www.ymtcberkeley.org.
More information about the BHS