[BHS etree] ADMIN: Flu Immunizations

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Oct 1 14:45:37 PDT 2009

Please do not contact the e-tree; contact [mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net]

Flu Season started early this year: H1N1 appeared in the spring and remains with us.  As we enter the traditional fall flu season, we should expect the number of cases of the flu to increase rapidly — causing increased absenteeism in our schools. Fortunately the vaccine for H1N1 will be available soon.

School-aged children are top priority for receiving this vaccine. The first choice is for children to get their vaccine from their usual health care providers. However, in order to make the vaccine available to all BUSD students whose parents want them to receive it, Berkeley's Public Health division will bring H1N1 flu vaccine to all BUSD K-12 schools during the week of Nov. 16. Public Health will provide nurses to administer the vaccine. Most children will be able to receive the nasal spray form of the vaccine: no needles!

Please watch the etree for information on how to obtain a consent form.