[BHS etree] ADMIN: Registration Today (Friday) and Next Tuesday - Volunteers Needed

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Aug 28 07:25:00 PDT 2009

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS E-MAIL, please contact: janet huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

Today, Friday, is makeup day. We are set up to take picture IDs, hand out schedules, textbooks, etc.  However, we know a few children are/were unable to come this week.  We have been telling them to come back during Staff Development day on Monday.  But it turns out the staff picture day will be on TUESDAY.  Students who have not yet had their IDs made and picked up their schedule and textbooks should plan on coming TODAY (Friday) or Tuesday (not Monday as originally scheduled).

If you volunteered to help on Monday with the unofficial makeup (which has been cancelled)  I thank you and hope you can come on Tuesday.  We need help on the following days:
1. Tuesday Makeup: Please come to the Jacket Gym by 8:30.
2. Wednesday:  the first day of school starting at 7 and running through the day. Please come to the front desk and look for me.
3. Thursday and Friday. Mostly in the morning for census running and schedule changes.

Very important.  Next week, volunteers, or anyone else, may no longer park in the Teachers' Lots, You will be towed. There is decent two hour parking along MLK and west, paid parking on the streets, and several lots around the downtown.

Finally, I cannot thank the Berkeley High community enough. Monday through Friday 181 (!) volunteers helped the flow of students returning to register.  We are expecting more today.  It is an affirming and visible show of support.  Our community stands by our children.  We are indeed fortunate.

Janet

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator
jhuseby at pacbell.net