[BHS etree] BHSDG: Seeking financially saavy volunteers

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed May 27 08:05:38 PDT 2009

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Louise Francis
[mailto:louise.francis at comcast.net]

Calling all Accountants, CPAs, Controllers and other parents with non-profit
or for-profit financial expertise.

The BHSDG is seeking parents with financial, accounting or bookkeeping
expertise. Specifically, BHSDG needs:

(1) An auditor to perform a voluntary audit of our records this year and
make procedure recommendations;
(2) A bookkeeper to perform check-writing and report-generation work on a
regular basis (about 2x a week); and,
(3) BHSDG Finance Committee members. While Finance Committee members are
welcome to seek to be BHSDG board members, it is not required.

It is being proposed that BHSDG have a Finance Committee that will meet once
a month, oversee the reconciliation of BHSDG finances by reviewing monthly
financial reports, and review and recommend financial procedure and policy
modifications, as needed.

If you know anyone in our community with financial expertise, please
recommend them to us. We are particularly seeking parents of incoming 9th
and 10th graders for this role, but welcome experienced or knowledgeable
help.

We are also seeking an auditor to do a one-time voluntary audit, and a
bookkeeper to help us on an on-going basis (perhaps 2x/week) to write checks
and run monthly financial reports.

If we are able to get these services on a volunteer or low-cost basis, more
of our donations go directly to the school.

If you can provide these services for us, have an accounting firm
recommendation, wish to be on the Finance Committee, or have a parent to
recommend be on the Finance Committee, please contact Louise Francis --
louise.francis at comcast.net (parent of incoming 9th grader) or Jennifer
Burroughs jdburroughs at sbcglobal.net.