[BHS etree] BULLETIN: Student Daily Bulletin for 5/27/09
bhs at idiom.com
bhs at idiom.com
Tue May 26 19:36:43 PDT 2009
STUDENT DAILY BULLETIN
May 27, 2009
*1. Final BART ticket orders will be taken on May 27th and 28th in Room D224 at lunch.
2. Yearbooks are for sale in H102B after school everyday, and on the Senior Steps at lunch. $75 for 1, $65 if you have free and reduced lunch.
*3. Start picking up yearbooks:
Wednesday -- Juniors and Sophomores, plus you can still purchase them.
Thursday -- Freshman, and you can still purchase them.
Must have ID or receipt.
*4. Achievers will be here May 29 after school at the Donahue Gym.
*5. All library books are due back to the BHS library by June 2nd. Please remember to return all library books to clear your records.
6. Priority registration deadline for summer school is May 29. If you think you may need summer school, turn in your application to the counseling office by Friday, May 29.
This is a very special thank you to all the wonderful dancers, models in the fashion show, BSU students, teachers, and parents who contributed to the success of the African Haitian Production. We really appreciated your assistance. Keep on being beautiful. Much love, Mama Washington.
*1. Fall 2009 Cross-Country Team Meeting:
Do you like to run? Have you wanted to run but don't know how? The Berkeley High Cross-Country Team has a place for YOU!! Come to the Cross Country Team Meeting THIS THURSDAY AT 3:15 pm in G206A. Meet the current team and coaches and learn about the Berkeley Running Club which will keep you in top shape for next season. No experience is necessary -- we accept all shapes, sizes, and levels.
*2. Introductory Rowing Workshop This Saturday! Thinking about joining a BHS sports team next year? Consider rowing for Berkeley Crew! Attend a workshop at our Jack London Square boathouse in Oakland, Saturday, May 30 from 10am-noon. Please visit our website at berkeleyhighcrew.org or contact Coach Sabrina Linden at 925-330-1037.
1. Tuesday, June 2 - Last day for seniors to turn in a Transcript Request Form to Ms. Mellion in D173 so that we can send an official transcript to the school they will be attending in the fall. Write "FINAL TRANSCRIPT" in capital letters across the top of the form and paperclip it to a stamped business sized envelope addressed to the college, with Berkeley High School (1980 Allston Way, Berkeley 94704) as the return address. If you are under 18, a parent or guardian must sign the request form. All colleges require that students send them a final transcript confirming their senior year grades.
2. NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR COLLEGE CHOICES? Your college advisor has a list of schools that are still accepting applications.
3. Southwest Airlines and the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) open travel program for college students - Dandole Alas a Tu Exito/Giving Flight to Your Success. A panel of judges comprised of college professors and education advocates from coast to coast will gather in the summer to select the students who will receive free travel to their colleges and universities. Each student is eligible to receive from one to four tickets that the student or an immediate family member can use in the Fall 2009 to travel to/from a college or university. The travel tickets are awarded to undergraduate and graduate Hispanic students with socio-economic need who journey away from home to pursue higher education. Essay required. To view the criteria for the 2009 award program, go to http://www.southwest.com. Applications available at http://www.hacu.net/hacu/Lanzate_EN.asp?SnID=33099403. Deadline: Friday, June 5, 2009.
PAID Summer Day Camp Jobs and VOLUNTEER Internships at Camp Galileo. Work at Camp Galileo and enjoy games with kids, confidence and leadership building AND outings with staff (bowling, pool parties, rock band parties, sky high and many more). Go to http://www.galileo learning.com/jobs/ for more info on hours, locations and pay. (Paid team leader positions for graduating seniors and summer intern volunteer positions for lower classmen.) Email Nicole Connell at nfconnell at gmail.com for more info and if you apply, use the Priority Code: BIGIDEAS.
1. Come learn about auditions for the 2009/2010 fall play: COMIC Potential by Alan Ayckbourn, a zany comedy about love, entertainment, and technology. There are two meetings at lunch in A203 on Wednesday, May 27th. Come and check it out!
2. Berkeley High Sings Monday June 1, 7pm. Come and celebrate some of the many amazing voices of Berkeley High. Featuring the debut of the BHS Chorus Club, with choral and solo music ranging from Stevie Wonder, Earth Wind and Fire and the Beatles, to songs from student composers Abby Simons/Nathan Kersey-Wilson's "Double Digits", plus improvised circle songs led by chorus director Trelawny Rose. Also other special guest performers. At the Florence Schwimley Little Theater. Avoid the line at the door - tickets available from brownpapertickets.com at $5 for students, $10 adult. All proceeds support the return of chorus to Berkeley High.
*3. Dance Projects – Friday, May 29 and Saturday, May 30. Adults $12 and Students $5. Doors open at 7:30 pm, the show begins at 8:00 pm in the Little Theater.
More information about the BHS