[BHS etree] PTSA: Drug and Alcohol Prevention Program, Tues. 4/14

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Apr 2 15:36:32 PDT 2009

Please do not reply to the e-tree.  Contact the King PTA: mlkpta at sbcglobal.net.

HELP YOUR STUDENT STAY AWAY FROM ALCOHOL AND DRUGS!  On Tuesday, April 14, 7:00 pm in the King Middle School Auditorium, renowned Drug and Alcohol Prevention expert Ralph Cantor of the Alameda County Office of Education will discuss drug and alcohol related problems in our schools and how to work with your student to avoid use of these substances.

A recent California Healthy Kids Survey showed Berkeley High Students abusing alcohol and marijuana at TWICE the state averages.  This is a serious problem in our community.  Read a recent Berkeley Daily Planet article on the subject: http://www.berkeleydailyplanet.com.   We hope you will join us to gain information, insights and strategies.

Please pass this information to any interested  Berkeley parents.  Middle and High School aged students are welcome.   Thanks, and hope to see as many as possible at this very timely and important event.

Sophie Hahn
King PTA President