[BHS etree] REMINDER: Parent Ed This Wed., April 1st 7pm, Teens & Screen Time

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Mar 30 07:15:24 PDT 2009

Do not reply to etree, contact Audrey Spector <mailto:audrey12 at comcast.net>
or Wendy Lukas <mailto:wlukas at sbcglobal.net>

Parents and Guardians:

Thank you to all who have already let us know you are planning to attend.

We are looking forward to this week's event which came about as a result of
numerous requests from parents who want to learn how to handle conflicts
with teens regarding the amount of time spent on-line with gaming,
facebook/myspace, texting, etc.

Teens and Screen Time --- How To Handle Technology Related Conflicts
Wednesday, April 1, 7:00 to 9:00pm, BHS Library.

Are technology related issues the source of anger and frustration in your
family?  For many families, there are continuous struggles over video games,
the internet and cell phones.

Find out more about levels of risk related to on-line activities,
appropriateness of on-line behaviors and define areas of conflict and
concern. Learn practical tips to improve communication and establish
appropriate limits. On-line gaming, the use of facebook and texting will be
discussed.

Our presenter will be Jason Brand, Licensed Clinical Social Worker and
family therapist with a technology background.  Jason works with families
and provides workshops on "bridging the screen divide" in order to help
families learn how to better manage these particular types of conflicts.

Thank you to the PTSA and the BHS Development Group for sponsoring and
providing funding and to all the parents and guardians who attend.  We look
forward to seeing you this Wednesday night.

If you haven't already let us know you are attending, please RSVP so we can
arrange the right amount of seating - audrey12 at comcast.net or
wlukas at sbcglobal.net.  Your RSVPs last time really helped us with the room
set up.   Whether or not you RSVP, please join us.

Audrey and Wendy
PTSA Volunteers
audrey12 at comcast.net
wlukas at sbcglobal.net