[BHS etree] PTSA PARENT ED: Save The Dates! Thurs Mar 5 and Wed April 1

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Feb 18 08:22:48 PST 2009

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Audrey
(audrey12 at comcast.net) or Wendy Lukas (wlukas at sbcglobal.net).

Dear BHS Parents and Guardians,

With PTSA volunteer energies and funding provided by the Berkeley High
School Development Group, we are pleased to announce that we will have
two more parent education events this semester.  Be sure to save the
dates!  These topics came out of feedback parents have given us about
the support and information many of us are looking for.

Thursday, March 5, BHS Library, 7 to 9pm
Common Issues Teenagers Face and How To Keep Lines of Communication
Open

Wednesday, April 1, BHS Library, 7 to 9pm
Teenagers and Screen Time: Facebook, Gaming, Texting

-------

More Information About March 5th:

Common Issues Teenagers Experience and How To Keep Lines of
Communication Open
Robert Heavner, PhD, Psychotherapist
Robert will discuss how parents can have better communication,
understanding and relationships with our teenagers.  He will talk
about common psychological and emotional issues faced by kids,
substance use and abuse and related points.

Robert Heavner, PhD, is in private practice in Berkeley and
specializes in adolescent and substance abuse problems.  He also works
with adults.  Bob, a former Peace Corps volunteer, works with African
refugee asylum survivors of trauma and torture as well.  Previous to
his 27 year career as a clinician, he directed community based
adolescent and health treatment programs for 11 years.

To help us arrange the right amount of seating and figure out whether
we need a microphone, it helps if you can RSVP to either Audrey
(audrey12 at comcast.net) or Wendy (wlukas at sbcglobal.net).  Whether or
not you RSVP, come anyway!

Look forward to seeing you on Thursday, March 5th.
PTSA Volunteers
Audrey and Wendy
audrey12 at comcast.net
wlukas at sbcglobal.net