[BHS etree] FUNDRAISING: Scrip

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Jan 14 20:13:37 PST 2009

Please do not contact the e-tree.  Contact Linda Safarik-Tong at scrip at bhsdg.org or 524-5544

GIVE SCRIP A TRY IN 2009!!

Do you know about the BHS Development Group's scrip program?  Have you been meaning to support BHS with a purchase of scrip?  Well, now's the time!   Scrip sales are much lower than last year, to date.  We lost many families of graduating seniors and only a few families have joined this year.

We offer Berkeley Bowl, Natural Grocery Company (good at Berkeley and El Cerrito stores), Peet's cards, Five Star Video, and Solano Avenue Association gift certificates.  We deliver to your Berkeley address.  You set up a monthly subscription or contact us on an "as needed" basis.

Scrip is a coupon from local merchants who give the Development Group a discount when we buy in bulk.  We make a small percentage when we sell the scrip to you at face value.  So, you don't pay any extra cost for using scrip, the money earned from the scrip program comes from these local businesses that want to support public education!

Here are the details:

Berkeley Bowl comes in $20 denominations and we earn 4%

Natural Grocery Company comes in $10's and we earn 6%

Peet's cards come in $20's and $50's and we earn 10%

Five Star Video comes in $20's and we earn 20%

Solano Avenue Association comes in $10's and we earn 8%.  For a complete list of participating merchants visit www.solanoavenue.org.  Here is a sample of the stores: A G Ferrari Foods, Andronicos, Boran, By Hand, Cactus, Cugini, Domino's, Flower Power, Gordo's, Jodies, Hannah's Resale, Ideas for Elements, I Song Orthodontics, Khana Peena, Knitting the World Together, Matsu Fine Gifts, Pegasus, Sarbers, Shoes on Solano, Solano Cleaning Center, Sweet Potatoes, Tangerine Food Bar, Vara Healing Arts, and others

If you are a regular at any of these businesses, please consider supporting your child's school when you shop there by using scrip.