[BHS etree] ADMIN: Inauguration Day at Berkeley High

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Jan 14 18:12:52 PST 2009

Contact: Janet Huseby jhuseby at pacbell.net

On Inauguration Day all Berkeley High students will  attend a grand viewing
of the ceremonies on a large screen in the Community Theater. In order to
accommodate the event as well as classes the school will be having a
modified Late Start Day.

1. All students will report to their 2nd period class at 8:30 a.m.  They
will then proceed to the Community Theater with their 2nd period teacher as
rapidly as possible (which is why we are asking for many ushers.)  We hope
everyone will be in the seats with plenty of time before the swearing in at
9 a.m. and President Obama's speech.

2. We expect the ceremony to be over a little before 10.  Students will
return to their 2nd period classroom to pick up any items they may have left
there.

3. The bell will ring at 10 a.m. and from then students will follow a late
start schedule starting with 1st Period proceeding to  2nd, then 3rd etc.

4. Many many parents have volunteered to usher.  Thank you very much.  Later
tonight I will be sending you a confirmation and directions.

Janet