[BHS etree] BUSD: School Lunches - A Healthy Alternative - Pre-pay and Save

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Sat Nov 15 16:59:45 PST 2008

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Ann Cooper, Director of
Nutrition Services[ mailto:Ann_cooper at berkeley.k12.ca.us ] or Marni
Posey, Manager of Nutrition Service, 510-644-4598

For the past three years BUSD has been working hard to improve the
food our children are served.  Here are some of the changes that have
been successfully implemented district-wide:

* Free breakfast for all children at every school, every day
* Organic milk at lunch; hormone- and antibiotic-free milk at
breakfast
* Salad bars in every school
* Fresh fruit & veggies every day
* Most food made from scratch
* All bread, dinner rolls & pizza crust is whole grain
* 25% of all produce served is local and/or organic
* Vegetarian options every day

BUSD is delighted to announce a new program that will make choosing
School Lunch even smarter.  Starting November 1st, with the purchase
of a 20-meal ticket, your student will receive the 21st meal free.

For Berkeley High:
Single Lunch Price - $4.00
Pre-paid 20-Lunch ticket - $80.00
Resulting cost/Lunch - $3.81

You can pre-pay for meals using a new on-line credit card system, [
http://www.myschoolbucks.com ] or by sending a check made out to BUSD
Child Nutrition Services to school with your student.

Your child's participation will help ensure our ability to continue
offering this wonderful program.  Together we can support healthy food
choices at school and home, and raise a new generation of healthier
and better educated young people.

Thank you!