[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: An Update

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Oct 29 06:18:26 PDT 2008

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Janet Huseby
[mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net]

I have been on the etree a lot recently asking for all sorts of help.
That's because the joint's jumping these days.  There are lots of
interesting things going and a lot of opportunity to be part of our
great Berkeley High action! And, to be honest, we need your help...

1. Thursday, Oct. 30th League of Women Voters working with Student
Activity Director Edith
Jordan is sponsoring a student mock election.  What better way to help
teach our future voters about the importance of voting! We will be
setting up polling booths in the foyer of the Community
Theater.  We need volunteers to register "voters", hand out ballots,
monitor booths and help count the results.  We need people for the
shifts listed below.  If you can help, please contact me (address
above.)
#1 - 8:30-10:30
#2 - 10:30-12:30
#3 - 12:30-2:30
#4 - 2:30-3:30.

2. Friday, Oct. 31 the PTSA mailing-always a good chance to help get
the news out while sharing other news with fellow stuffers! If you can
help between 8:15 and 11:00, please contact Alisa at
alisamusica at yahoo.com.

3. On Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 4 (election day) and Nov. 5 we will
be offering the second set of Exit Exams for the school year.  With
gratitude to those who have stepped forward, I am not asking for more
help as we seem to be covered!  If you have volunteered, the exam
takes place in the Jacket Gym.  The early morning shift should plan on
arriving slightly before 7:30.  The other two shifts are from 9 to
11:30 and 12:15 to two.  Thank you, dear volunteers, very much!

4. The Spirit Rally is scheduled for Friday, Nov. 7. We still need
more parents! Kids plan all year round for Spirit Week and it IS a lot
of fun; it is also a lot of work for our staff who are responsible for
the safety and well-being of our students. One of the most challenging
moments of the week is shepherding everyone onto the field in a timely
fashion for the Spirit Rally and for this it would be helpful to have
ten or twelve parent volunteers check wristbands and direct students
to their appropriate cheering section from 1:30 to 3:30. If you can
help, please contact me.

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator
jhuseby at pacbell.net