[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: Help needed Nov. 4, 5 EXIT EXAM/ Nov. 7 Rally/ Halloween, mailing

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Oct 23 10:10:41 PDT 2008

Contact: Janet Huseby <mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net>jhuseby at pacbell.net

  1. On Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 4 (election day) and Nov. 5 we
will be offering the second set of Exit Exams for the school year.
This test will be for juniors and seniors who have not yet taken the
test or who are retaking a portion.  This is a stressful, high stakes
exam imposed by the state of California.  One way we can support our
students is  by providing a calm and orderly check in process-with
your help.

We are expecting between 200 and 300 students to take them exam  I am
looking for  five or six parents each morning from 7:30 to 9 to help
with the check in process.  Then I need one parent each morning from
9 to 11:30 and one from 12:15 to 2.  (four in all).  Please let me
know as soon as possible if you can come help.

2. The Spirit Rally is scheduled for Friday, Nov. 7.  Kids plan all
year round for Spirit Week and it IS a lot of fun; it is also a lot
of work for our staff who are responsible for the safety and
well-being of our students. One of the most challenging moments of
the week is shepherding everyone onto the field in a timely fashion
for the Spirit Rally and for this it would be helpful to have ten or
twelve parent volunteers check wristbands and direct students to
their appropriate cheering section from 1:30 to 3:30. If you can
help, please contact me.

  3. Finally, on Friday, Oct. 31 the PTSA newsletter will be mailed
from 8:30 to 11:30 in Conference Room B. . Mailing parties are always
fun-and one on Halloween? A no brainer!  Please watch the etree for
more detailed information.  But, meanwhile, put the day on your
calendar.

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator
jhuseby at pacbell.net