[BHS etree] ATHLETICS: Join the BHS Live! Planning Team

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Oct 3 16:21:09 PDT 2008

Hello BHS Community,

The Berkeley Athletic Fund (BAF) and the Berkeley High School
Development Group (BHSDG) are the two nonprofit fundraising
organizations at BHS.  Both are parent-run and have worked
cooperatively together for many years to support all programs at BHS.

Last year, for the first time we ran a fundraising event called BHS
Live!  We had music, hors d'oeuvres, a silent auction and a live
auction.  The event brought in over $20,000 for BHS.

We're doing it again this year, with a few changes and improvements
(and a much longer lead time!) in order to make it a more enjoyable
evening for all.  We're hoping that this will become an annual event
that reliably brings in donations to support the high school's
programs.  With the whole school community behind it, we think this
event has great potential.  This year BHS Live! is scheduled for the
evening of February 8th, 2009.

We are particularly interested in finding parents who have a passion
for and prior experience in doing fundraising events, although all are
welcome!  We are hoping to find volunteers from all four small
schools, AC and BIHS to truly make this a successful school-wide
fundraising event.

Our first planning team meeting will be Wed, Oct 15th, 5:30 pm in
Conference Room B in the administration building of Berkeley High.  We
are looking for volunteers for the following committees:  Auction,
Food/Decoration, Music/Entertainment, Ticket Sales, Sponsorships.
Please come, meet other volunteers and help us to make BHS Live-2009 a
huge success!  For questions and to rsvp for the planning meeting
contact Jane Wise at wiselevin at gmail.com or 510-525-0124.