[BHS etree] VOLUNTEERS: Early Morning Help Needed for Exit Exam

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Sep 29 21:40:16 PDT 2008

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Janet Huseby
jhuseby at pacbell.net <mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net>

1. In order to receive a California diploma, all students must pass an
exam testing their basic knowledge of Math and English.  This exam,
commonly known as the Exit Exam and part of the No Child Left Behind
legislation, is offered to all sophomores in February. Next week,
Tuesday and Wednesday, October 7 and 8,  and then again on November 4
and 5, we will be offering the exam to Juniors and Seniors who have
never taken the exam or who have failed one or more sections.  This is
a high stakes exam and we want to do our best to support our students
by providing a calm and orderly atmosphere.  For the Fall exams,
counselors will do most of the monitoring but we need parent
volunteers who can come from 7:15 to 9 a.m. all four days to help
check in the students.  If you can possibly help next week (and/or
next month) with this important but short endeavor, please let me
know.

2. Also, we are looking for one more front desk volunteer: Mondays
from 7:45 to 8:30. This is a lively time and works especially well if
you have a child with zero period. If you are interested, please let
me know.

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator
jhuseby at pacbell.net