[BHS etree] SCRIP: Funding students the easy way

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Sep 2 18:36:20 PDT 2008

Please do not reply to etree contact Linda Safarik-Tong at
<mailto:bhs_scrip at yahoo.com>bhs_scrip at yahoo.com or 524-5544.

Berkeley Bowl Shoppers, Peet's Addicts, Five Star Video Renters:
the Development Group needs you!

If you are a regular at any of the businesses above, your trip to the
store can earn money for BHS.  How?  Purchase scrip!  The Development
Group buys scrip (coupons) from these merchants, who give us a
discount when we buy in bulk.  We sell the scrip to you at face value
and earn a profit.   There is no added cost to you -- the profit
earned from your purchase comes from the merchants.   With 88
families participating last year, we earned over $16,800 and a dozen
of those families don't even have kids at the school anymore!  The
possibilities for scrip fundraising are enormous!
If you live in Berkeley, we deliver the scrip to your home.  Here are
the details:

**Berkeley Bowl scrip comes in $20 denominations, we earn 4%
**Peet's electronic cards come in $20's and $50's, we earn 10%
**Five Star Video scrip comes in $20's and we earn 20%.
**Solano Avenue Association scrip comes in $10's and we earn 8%.
Over 30 merchants on or near Solano Avenue accept these coupons.  Go
to <http://www.solanoavenueassn.org/>www.solanoavenueassn.org for the
current list.

For more details, contact Linda Safarik-Tong at
<mailto:bhs_scrip at yahoo.com>bhs_scrip at yahoo.com or 524-5544.

Also, I'll be at the PTA meeting selling scrip next Tuesday, 9/9/08