[BHS etree] ADMIN/Volunteers: Make up day, help the first few days of school

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Fri Aug 22 02:53:13 PDT 2008

Contact: Janet Huseby <mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net>jhuseby at pacbell.net

1. Registration makeup day will be Tuesday, August 26 from 8:30 to
noon, 1 p.m. to 3.  Unfortunately, we are all expecting long lines.
Sorry about that.

2. There are LOTS of opportunities to help over the next two weeks. I
will need help with the makeup day (see above), handing out schedules
from 7:45 to 8:30 on the first day of school (you will be surprised
how many sweet freshmen did not realize that they had to SAVE their
schedule), and then help with  schedule change deliveries (a chance
to visit classrooms) and the famous TEN day census.  If you can help
with any of the above  for one or two hour (or  more) shifts at any
point, please come to the front desk and I will find you an
appropriate task. It can be exciting and you will be greatly
appreciated.

3. And, on the subject of appreciation, you dear registration
volunteers have been simply wonderful.  You have been kind and
helpful and there for our students. Mr. Slemp does not believe that
students should stand in line.  Your massive outpouring of support
(so far over 30 volunteers EACH day) have kept the process moving.
THANK YOU.  Janet

Janet Huseby
BHS Volunteer Coordinator
jhuseby at pacbell.net