[BHS etree] ADMIN: Third call for Volunteer Coffee/and other volunteer opportunities

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Tue Jun 3 08:35:47 PDT 2008

Contact: mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net

1. I have noticed that volunteers fit into several categories.  There
are those who like a regular volunteer position (Committees, the
Front Desk, tour guides, etc.), Then there are those who watch the
etree and answer my many calls for help with alacrity. Finally, there
are those, among whom I count myself, who are slower to step up
thinking (hoping) maybe Janet will find someone else to do the job.
But in the end, after my second or third or fourth call,  you all
come through-that's what makes this such an amazing community. So
this is officially the third call for the Volunteer Coffee on
Thursday, June 5 from 8 to 9:30 in the Conference Room B. And yes, we
need all of you! How else can we thank you in person?

2. We are having the Administration Coffee in honor of volunteers
because the year is almost over. However, there are still a few
remaining volunteer opportunities.

a. Textbook Gathering.
We are asking for four volunteers a shift with four shifts a day for
three days Tuesday through Thursday, June 10, 11, and 12.  The shifts
are 8:30 to 10, 10 to 11:30, 11:30 to 1 and 1 to 2:30.   I know some
people have already replied to Tiffany Williams.  If you could now
let me know what times work best for you so we can create a master
schedule that would be great. If you can help, please email me at
<mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net>jhuseby at pacbell.net  You are needed!

b. Summer School Registration
Summer School Principal Kristin Glenchur is looking for ten
volunteers for summer school registration on Tuesday, 6/17 from
9:00-12:00 and on 6/18 from 7:00 am -8:30 am. If your child is
signing up for summer school classes, working at registration is a
significant way to demonstrate the importance of this academic
endeavor. Please let me know if you can help by emailing me at
<mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net>jhuseby at pacbell.net or calling
510-527-1130

Your volunteer coordinator Janet Huseby