[BHS etree] MISC: Water Needed for Sacramento Rally

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed May 14 21:38:48 PDT 2008

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Kimberley D'Adamo  at
kdadamo at berkeley.k12.ca.us

Dear BHS Community,

WE NEED WATER- Approximately 500  Berkeley students, teachers and
parents are ready to rally on behalf of public education in California
tomorrow!

Students from across our district have written letters, prepared
speaches and made art calling for more funding for our schools.  The
weather in Sacramento is forcast to be extreeeeemly hot, and we just
want to make sure we have more than enough water to keep everyone
hydrated.

We are asking anyone who has a few extra bottles of water in their
house to drop it off by 8:15am  tomorrow along Milvia tomorrow where
the buses will pick up students, or just send them along with your
student.

Also, we would like to take this moment to say thank you to everyone
who has helped make this effort possible.  Donations, time, supplies
and words of encouragement have come from all across our city to help
support our schools.  It is truly a gift to live and work in this
community.

peace