[BHS etree] ADMIN/VOLUNTEERS: STAR TEST, and APs

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Apr 14 08:29:19 PDT 2008

Contact: Janet Huseby <mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net>jhuseby at pacbell.net

1. This week, STAR Sorting starting on Monday, April 14.    Each individual
9th -11th grade student has a file sorted by their second period class. Into
this file the appropriate math, English, history and science test must be
placed. We need lots of help in order to accomplish this task. The sorting
will take place Monday 8:30 to 3 p.m. and Tuesday through Friday from 8:30
to noon in the Old Gym's Old Dance Studio (Please come in  the Girls'
entrance off of Milvia, go up stairs, and head for the old Dance
Studio--cannot be missed as it is the southernmost room in the building.)
If you can help for one or two hours or more at any point over these coming
five days you will be warmly welcomed and appreciated.  In fact, you are
urgently needed.

2. Many thanks to the people who have already volunteered to help with an AP
exam.  I will be getting back to you this week with details. But though many
of you have written me, I have not yet filled even one exam. The schedule is
below.  If you have a child taking an AP exam, please offer to proctor
another. We need your help in order to offer these exams.

May 5 MONDAY
8 a.m. (7:30 a.m.)
Government (4 proctors needed plus 1 proctor needed for 4 students with
extended time.)
noon (11:30 a.m.)
French language (1 proctor needed)

May 6  TUESDAY
8 a.m.(7:30 a.m.)
Computer Science (no proctors)
Spanish Language (4 proctors)
Noon (11:30 a.m.)
Statistics (5 proctors plus 1 for extended time)

May 7 WEDNESDAY
8 a.m. (7:30 a.m.)
Calculus AB and BC  (5 proctors needed plus 1 for 4 students with extended
time.)

May 8 THURSDAY
8 a.m. (7:30 a.m.)
English Literature (3 proctors needed plus 1 for 4 students with extended
time.)
German Language (1 proctor)

May 9 FRIDAY
8 a.m. (7:30 a.m.)
US History (4 proctors plus 1 for 2 students with extended time.)
noon (11:30 a.m.)
Studio Art (2 proctors plus 1 for 5 students with extended time)

May 12 MONDAY
8 a.m. (7:30 a.m.)
Biology (3 proctors)
Music Theory (2 proctors)
noon  (11:30 a.m.)
Physics (3 proctors plus 1 for 2 students with extended time.)

May 13 TUESDAY
8 a.m. (7:30 a.m.)
Chemistry (4 proctors)
Environmental Science (6 proctors PLUS 1 for 11 students with extended time)

This adds up to 11 proctors in All.

May 14 WEDNESDAY
8 a.m. (7:30 a.m.)
English Language (6 proctors plus 1 for extended time)
Italian language - no proctor needed

May 15 THURSDAY
8 a.m. (7:30 a.m.)
Macroeconomics (4 proctors plus 1 extended time)
World History (1 proctor)

May 16 FRIDAY
8 a.m.(7:30 a.m.)
Spanish Literature (1 proctor)