[BHS etree] SENIORS: Important Senior Class Meeting, April 9, 11 AM/ skip day repeat

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Thu Apr 3 06:27:09 PDT 2008

Contact: Janet Huseby mailto:jhuseby at pacbell.net

1. Senior Class Meeting.  A key meeting for senior students will take place
in the Community Theater on Wednesday, April 9th.  At 11:00 a.m. all Seniors
will be dismissed from class to go to the Community Theater.  During the
meeting, students will receive essential information about graduation, Senior
Ball, and behavior expectations for the remainder of the year.

There will be no late start on Wednesday, April 9.

2. SKIP DAY.  For those who might have missed our plea for skipping a
rumored "skip day,"  the information is repeated below...

It is not uncommon for the Senior Class to pick a day in the spring and
spread the word that it is "skip day."  Usually the school follows the
normal attendance procedures on this day.  Most unfortunately, the word
is out this year that the skip day is going to take
place on April 8.  April 8 is the day Berkeley High will be visited by
representatives of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges
(WASC) the group that grants our school its accreditation. It is important
that ALL our wonderful students be in class that day.

Last time Berkeley High was visited by the WASC team we were granted a rare
and much coveted six year accreditation.  Before that the school had
received a series of dismal two year ratings. The April 8 visit is our
midterm report.  Administrators and faculty have been working for over a
year preparing for this visit. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT. Parents, please
encourage your seniors to be in "their places with bright shiny faces" ON
APRIL 8 and perhaps seek out another day to play.