[BHS etree] BUSD: Berkeley Federation of Teachers Community Rally - April 9th, 5pm

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Mar 26 19:54:38 PDT 2008

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY to the etree, contact Mark Coplan
[mailto:Mark_Coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us]

BFT COMMUNITY RALLY

Wednesday, April 9, 2008 at 5:00 p.m.
at the BUSD Administration Building
(2134 Martin Luther King Jr. Way)

Join our community in protesting the Governor's proposed budget

Join Berkeley Federation of Teachers members, other BUSD Union
members, parents, students and community members in demanding that our
state legislators raise revenues and avert the devastating cuts to
public education included in the Governor's proposed budget. Come
support our teachers with layoff notices as they head into layoff
hearings April 15th through April 17th.

For further information go to:
http://www.berkeleyfederationofteachers.org/home.chtml
(If this link does not work, copy and paste it into your browser.)

Note from the Public Information Officer: The superintendent, board
members, principals and other administrators will be out there in
support of the BFT in the struggle we all have to make together in
order to insist on a responsible budget from a state government
elected by the people, and responsible planning includes Revenue
Enhancement.

This is not a spending crisis... It is a revenue crisis.

Mark A. Coplan
Public Information Officer, BUSD
510-644-6320
Mark_Coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us