[BHS etree] VOLUNTEER: "DEAR" Day March 11th Needs Classroom Readers

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Wed Feb 27 22:16:56 PST 2008

The Berkeley School Volunteers  need parent and community volunteers
for the morning of March 11th.

Mark Coplan, BUSD Public Information Officer

Can you give just one hour to our public schools this year?
Please join us for
DEAR Day
Drop Everything and Read
in the Berkeley public schools

Tuesday, March 11th, 2008   9:30 am

Why we do it: This event allows our community members to become
involved with our schools and directly advocate the merits of reading
to the youngest members of our city.

How it works: Members of the community sign up to be a DEAR reader and
are assigned to a classroom in an elementary or pre-school.  The
readers all go to their assigned classrooms on the same day and time,
arriving by 9:10 am. Each reader brings a book of their choice and
reads for twenty minutes after which the children go back to their
normal school day schedule. If you need help selecting a book, the
Berkeley Public Libraries and site libraries (elementary schools only)
are prepared to provide assistance.

How to sign up: If you'd like to be a reader, please return to
attached portion to Berkeley School Volunteers no later than March 4,
2008. Your assignment will arrive in early March, but please save the
date now; once you've returned the form we are counting on you unless
you inform us otherwise. If you have any questions, please don't
hesitate to call us.

Thanks!        Berkeley School Volunteers    Phone: 644-883

_____________________________CUT________________________________

Complete and return to:
BERKELEY SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS
1835 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94703    FAX: 644-4865	PHONE:
644-8833

Yes! I want to be a DEAR Day Reader!

NAME________________________________________ Daytime
Phone_________________________

MAILING_______________________________________________________________
____________
		Number		Street		Apt.		City
State	Zip
EMAIL_________________________________________________________________
_____________

If you are registering as part of an organization or business (ie.
Rotary, Bayer, City, etc.),

name of
group_________________________________________________________________
_______

PREFERENCES:__________________________________________________________
(Grade, school, teacher, etc. We will do our best to honor them, but
please understand that it is not always possible)

Mark A. Coplan
Public Information Officer, BUSD
510-644-6320
Mark_Coplan at berkeley.k12.ca.us