[BHS etree] JAZZ: Ensemble scores high at Folsom

bhs at idiom.com bhs at idiom.com
Mon Jan 28 16:04:53 PST 2008

Do not reply to etree,  contact Fredda Damast <fdamast at earthlink.net>

The BHS Jazz Ensemble under the direction of Charles Hamilton
attended the Folsom Jazz Festival on Saturday, January 26th.  This is
a 2 day festival with many, many bands competing.  It was a long and
very exciting 13 hour day for all of our musicians.  The Ensemble
made it to the finals and got a rousing standing ovation - no other
bands received this.  Our 2 combos also did exceptionally well.  The
quartet including Chase Jackson, Dave McFarland, Nick Murphy and
Akeem Hawkins came in 1st in their division.  The sextet including
Samora Pinderhughes, Forrest Mitchell, Nathan Kersey-Wilson, Ryan
Thomas, Mike Stock-Matthews and Nick Murphy came in 3rd in their
division.  All combo members received a "soloist award".  They were
amazing!  Congratulations to these talented musicians in the Jazz
ensemble - your community is proud of you.